By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy week one sales in Japan (it launches Nov 1, 2007)

Hmm, double post, haven't had one of those in a good long while.

Around the Network

ok i think i already have a prediction in here but here is my new official prediction,
mario galaxy 580k
Wii 70k

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I do expect wii to sell very well during the holiday season, mario galaxy week will only be the beginning. I bet you my prediction will be much closer than many peoples on here.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Over 1,000,000 in the 1st 2 weeks!

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

probably 650,000 for galaxy and 115,00 for wii

Around the Network

I think it will sell out the 700k preorders. So unless that changes, which it very well could, I'd say 700k. I think wii hardware will probably be around 125k.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

I'd say about 600k first week sounds about right. The Wii won't have near the userbase the DS did when NSMB came out.

I dont understand why ppl are saying around 120k wii sold in the week of super mario galaxy. That just seems a little extreme to me. I mean its about a 400% increase. Halo 3 didnt increase 360 sales by 400%, why would mario?

Id love to be wrong tho i really would. But I think realisticy its going to be around 80 to 100k Wiis sold and 500 to 600K units of SMG.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

No less than 500k, no more than 3 million.

holy crap you guys have some high expectations! Many of you think it will outsell Sunshine in a week and sell on par or slightly less than NSMB? I must call many of you crazy...but I'd love for you guys to be right.