By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy week one sales in Japan (it launches Nov 1, 2007)

470k, and 87k Wii's

Around the Network

Wii will sell 109k for that week, and Super Mario Galaxy will debut at exactly 722k

if it doesn't sell 700k first week im going to say Japan is going down hill for it's video game market.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

^ same for 1 mil

Around the Network

750k SW and 120k HW. If not, I'll go with ssj12 and slaughter every single Japanese in existence.

azzer100 said:
I dont understand why ppl are saying around 120k wii sold in the week of super mario galaxy. That just seems a little extreme to me. I mean its about a 400% increase. Halo 3 didnt increase 360 sales by 400%, why would mario?

Id love to be wrong tho i really would. But I think realisticy its going to be around 80 to 100k Wiis sold and 500 to 600K units of SMG.

sunshine increased japanese hw sales by 300%

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
azzer100 said:
I dont understand why ppl are saying around 120k wii sold in the week of super mario galaxy. That just seems a little extreme to me. I mean its about a 400% increase. Halo 3 didnt increase 360 sales by 400%, why would mario?

Id love to be wrong tho i really would. But I think realisticy its going to be around 80 to 100k Wiis sold and 500 to 600K units of SMG.

sunshine increased japanese hw sales by 300

when sales are so low it becomes easy to increase the sales by a large percent, look at blue dragon. Higher sales of Wii compared to Gamecube means the increase will likely be less

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

azzer100 said:

Chances are the week before the launch of Galaxy will see Hardware for Wii already above 30k, likely around 40k+, so 120k for that week would be a 300% increase not 400%, which is realistic.

900k of Super Mario Galaxy sold.

Although, it'll sell whatever they ship, but only if they ship under 1.5 million copies. 

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker