By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Warhawk 107k- Lair 92k/ STRANGE numbers

kber81 said:
MikeB said:

One reason why Warhawk has fewer reported retail sales is because the game is also being distributed on the PSN at a cheaper price, impossible to track for tracking companies.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that 30% of buyers decide to pick downloadable version up (according to surveys) . It would give around 140k as for week one. Solid as for multiplayer only game.

Edit:

I'm sure Sony makes a lot more money on downloads - I wouldn't be surprised if they earn twice as much as for retailer version.

Double is probably even a low estimate considering all the costs you take out.  Including middlemen.

Around the Network

ANyone with a PS3 has got to be desperate at this point. I would expect these titles to sell well despite their ratings.

For a multiplayer only game to outsell the much hyped Lair says more about Warhawk then it does Lair.

I was extremly surprised that Warhawk had passed the 100k . I agree that means that in just 4 days the game sold ~ 140k ... thats amazing for a multiplayer only game especially on a 4.3 million instalbase :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Globox82 said:

Wow warhawk had so many possitive and great reviews and it sold 107k, while LAIR horrible reviews and it sold almost as good as Warhawk!?! 92k

Unleass WarHawk number only include Blue Ray version but that is hard to belive.

Here's what seems to happen.  People don't read online reviews...  

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

The numbers dont include the downloaded version.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Come on these games started the PS3's dominance, didn't they?

After hearing for months how these games would be better than anything the XBox 360 or Wii would have, and how everyone would buy a PS3 just to play these games, one would expect that the PS3 would have sold over 100,000 units the week when both of them launched. Wait, you mean they were overhyped like EVERY PS3 game so far?

Once the online/multiplayer mode of Warhawk gets boring...and trust me it will although I have no idea how long it'll take, it'll fade off of the earth. I believe that the people that bought the retail version bought the best version because if they no longer want/need it they can sell it or trade it in. Downloaded version is a ripoff. If you don't like it or get bored of it or no longer want it, you can't get your money back. Warhawk is basically HALF of a game as it should have been sold for half of the full retail price. I'm glad there are finally good games coming out for the platform but the price is ridiculous.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

@ footbag

ANyone with a PS3 has got to be desperate at this point. I would expect these titles to sell well despite their ratings.

LOL, a troll attempt or do you honestly believe that?

Let me tell you I am not one of them. I haven't come close to completing all the games I have bought for my PS3 so far. I earned a golden ducky together with my girlfriend in Super Ruba-Dub, I completed God of War 1, Resistance and Ape Escape 2, I am in the top 100 of Super Stardust HD, but when I have the time I even would like to play some of the older games like Oblivion, Motorstorm, God of War 2, Ape Escape 3, etc, etc. (and some more Super Stardust HD of course!)

Honestly, not everyone has that much spare time. Watching a movie every now and then, playing a game every now and then, maybe going out and doing other fun stuff already covers most of many people's spare time. With regard to Lair, I will wait for the demo, I'm not at all in a hurry.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Mario Party 8 was rated horribly and is selling even better than Lair, what's your point?

Mega Hype - People who Read Reviews = Hype.

One article I read on Gamasutra said that studies suggest previews have at least as much bearing on final game sales as reviews. People just don't read them, or they're too excited about getting the game on day one to listen.