By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Justify your console purchase to a starving person

izaaz101 said:
CommunistHater said:
Double digit percentage of my earnings was donated to charity last year

So only 10 cents out of every dollar? Hmm, doesn't seem like very much........at least it doesn't seem enough for you to come on here and attempt what seems to be preaching. Perhaps your time could be better spent out there on the streets helping starving people, instead of inside your warm home, sitting on a chair, on a computer (by the way, did you ever justify that to a starving person?) logged onto vgchartz. Just a suggestion.

Agreed. To have the arrogance and ego to chastise others while percentage dropping your own contribution amount is surely impressive. Next will be salaries and after that community service hours/ raw numbers on how many charitable orgs you're a member of. I'd like to hear, since CommunistHater is divulding his personal info, just what charities you give to? My bet is that much of your money is wasted anyway.

Around the Network
famousringo said:
Guilt tactics aren't very effective at raising donations. They tend to make potential donors angry instead of sympathetic.

They raise an impressive haul of middle finger donations, though.

This is very true. The OP is not good at selling the majority of people here on the idea of donating to charity.

^^I was under the impression that he's just an anti-Wii troll.  Look how he tries justify the purchase of the other two consoles to a starving person.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

CommunistHater said:
Zomb1337 said:
I got my Xbox 360 from working hard.....I bought it with my own money. I live in America, anyone can get a job if they want to. Nuff said.

Typical White male attitude

Typical d-bag liberal response to a white male response.  See what I did there?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

To help find the cure for cancer.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

This thread makes no sense from the get go.

PS3 owners can justify buying a PS3 when they don't have a job in order to search for jobs?

Using a DVD player as the basis of education?

And then you follow it up with some faux sincerity and preaching to others about the benefits of donating to charity.

If this was supposed to be a funny, tongue in cheek kinda thread, you fail. If this was supposed to be an honest, sincere discussion to make people think about charity then you fail too.

Don't hate or envy, your wasting time if your seeking justification... Also mods seem to be sleeping after your white male shot.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

CommunistHater said:
Double digit percentage of my earnings was donated to charity last year

I have the funny feeling that you are christian. In that case, know that pride is a sin and it would suit you much better if you'd be a little more humble :)

respect though for donating a double digit percentage, i couldnt do it

ps. you know jesus loves communists right?

I bought my consoles because I wanted them.

Purchase justified.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I worked for my purchase and am not hungry.