By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Justify your console purchase to a starving person

I don't need to justify my purchases. I'll tell him/her to get a job.

Around the Network
Netyaroze said:

@post3

No thats not true you could take all your money buy tons of rice/wheat and bring it directly to the starving people in Somalia (or somewhere else). That could do everyone but only some people do that. And I think that if the people that are starving right now would be rich and you would be starving they wouldnt come to you as well. Thats not because the people are bad in general but they just cant imagine how bad this really is.

If only 10% of the western civilization would do that and give up their comfortable lifes would invest all their money in rice nobody would starve but thats not going to happen we are all selfish even if we spend 1% of our years income for poor people.

The thing is, there are systematic principles set in place (looking at you: world bank and IMF) that ensure that 3rd world countries stay exactly where they are so that the first world can continue it's lavish lifestyle. The earth simply can't support a world where everyone lives like americans. It can't even support a world where one-third of the people live like Americans.

The whole UN thing is a gimmick to show that the first world "cares" about the 3rd world but your average American doesn't know this. All they tend to see is America giving "freebies" to Africa and other areas. It was quite obvious how useless the UN really is when Bush ignored it and invaded Iraq.

This situation is unlikely to change anytime soon and the power balance would ensure that it doesn't so usually the only hope for a better life is immigration and it's highly doubtful that this would ever change unfortunately. Life is unfair and one can only make the best of the cards one is dealt because birth has a lot to do with what you become.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Truth is humanity is overwhelmingly selfish and i cannot justify wasting my time and money on entertainment.

Economic disparity and unfair trade is the real killer. Regime change and Democracy is an excuse for rich nations to get richer.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

@Scottie

I think that was a fine answer about the good wholesome entertainment Wii gives a stressed person

Pursuing Renewable Energy will make the world poorer and create more hungry people unfortunately

@SJGohan

Communism is the Government forcing you to give.

Freedom is giving because you have the choice, and encouraging others to give too

Repent or be destroyed

CommunistHater said:
Double digit percentage of my earnings was donated to charity last year

Good 4 u boy!!!!

Now, just go brag about it somewhere else

Around the Network

Guilt tactics aren't very effective at raising donations. They tend to make potential donors angry instead of sympathetic.

They raise an impressive haul of middle finger donations, though.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

"Truth is humanity is overwhelmingly selfish"

True that...it´s sad mankind has advanced so much technologically, but pretty much can´t overcome caveman like attitudes and feelings that push us back.

I can afford it.

JGarret said:
"Truth is humanity is overwhelmingly selfish"

True that...it´s sad mankind has advanced so much technologically, but pretty much can´t overcome caveman like attitudes and feelings that push us back.

The saddest part is that technological advances have never been to improve the state of mankind rather, to improve the status of a select percent over the rest lol.

We still compete like animals on a primal level no matter how much we think we're beyond evolution and natural selection.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

CommunistHater said:

PS3 owners could say I need it to look for jobs on the internet.

Xbox 360 people could say I needed a DVD player for my education.

Wii? I saved enough money to buy it and have a blast playing it at home =)

There you go my friend