By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Wii owners, it's time to acknowledge third party failures

Khuutra said:
Undying said:
I've been preaching this for months now.

Click the links.

So the PS3 and 360 have flops as well, but at least 3rd party games actually sell the PS3 and 360.

The only 3rd party games that do well on the Wii are shovelware and rhythm games. There are very few exceptions to this rule.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Around the Network
Undying said:
Khuutra said:
Undying said:

Click the links.

So the PS3 and 360 have flops as well, but at least 3rd party games actually sell the PS3 and 360.

The only 3rd party games that do well on the Wii are shovelware and rhythm games. There are very few exceptions to this rule.

The 3rd party games that do well on 360 are shooters and rhythm games.  See what I did there?  I made a gross generalization that is true and should be seen as just as bad.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

This is your best thread in quite a while. In fact it could well be in the top 3.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Undying said:
Khuutra said:
Undying said:

Click the links.

The 3rd party games that do well on 360 are shooters and rhythm games.  See what I did there?  I made a gross generalization that is true and should be seen as just as bad.

Alright show me some examples of 3rd party games on the Wii that did really well that is an exception to this rule.

The 2 RE games, The Lego games did good, the CoD games did good, and the Sonic games did good. Thats pretty much it.

Ok let me rephrase my statement.

The only 3rd party games that do well on the Wii are shovelware games, casual games, rhythm games, sonic games, Resident Evil games, and Lego games. There are very few exceptions to this rule.

Thank the lord for RE.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Indeed. This is a real issue. If a game does bad, it does bad with no excuses. It's a game that the gamers don't want to buy and the games in the examples are a good proof of it. The developers should really have taken the customers need into accont. A bad game is a bad game.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
Undying said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Undying said:
Khuutra said:
Undying said:

Click the links.

Alright show me some examples of 3rd party games on the Wii that did really well that is an exception to this rule.

The 2 RE games, The Lego games did good, the CoD games did good, and the Sonic games did good. Thats pretty much it.

The only 3rd party games that do well on the Wii are shovelware games, casual games, rhythm games, sonic games, Resident Evil games, and Lego games. There are very few exceptions to this rule.

Thank the lord for RE.

Sports games, action games, FPS games, racing games...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Undying said:

Thank the lord for RE.

Why did you mention COD in one paragraph but not the other? Did you simply forget it or is it because it would make your penultimate paragraph look even more ridiculous?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@Undying: Anyway you want. But it still doesn't make the games that sell on 360 any different.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I agree, 360 has almost as many bombs as the Wii.

Either that or the game just plain doesn't appeal to fans of its own genre. How can it, without the generic gray-and-brown to provide that sweet, sweet rush of aggression hormones? NMH failed for the same reason: fans of this genre know what they want, and the formula for that has been perfected. Deviate from it, even slightly, at your own peril.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.