By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Motion control comming to the 360 this Fall

My bet is it will fail spectacularly, for both systems.

Most people think the Wii is so successful due to motion controls, but that's not it - it's the way Nintendo markets those motion controls. (Actually, it's the way Nintendo markets the entire Wii experience - but motion controls are a big part of that.) Unless it has a brilliant marketing campaign to back it up, I don't see the GameTrak Freedom going anywhere.

Of course, I could always be wrong.

Around the Network

Oh wow they are advancing in to the future! Lame and so late but the PS360 will be all over this thing now. Suddenly motion controls are cool :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Now this is what I'd call a "gimmick."

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Yay good graphics and motion controls this will be a day 1 purchase for me

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

This is interesting, kinda reminds me of something ive seen before... cant think what though

Anyway... this should put a small dent in the Wii's sales, seeing that its on the 360 first it should be marketed heavily by MS. Will be interesting to see what MS + Sony have planned for this also...

Around the Network

*sigh* if this is a third-party company making this, then why will there be 360 games supporting this controller?

Unless Microsoft buys the damn company, why will there be any support?

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

megaman79 said:
seece said:
darthdevidem01 said:
seece said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@seece

lets see

GDC will reveal more secrets & mysteries that shroud that game!

Hopefully!

I do wonder how the Wii will fare if this catchs on ....

Come on seece...for it to cause any harm to wii it will need BIG advertising.....will the companies do that? who knows

It depends how much Microsoft gets behind this, I mean it is the route they seem to be taking, casual gaming.

If it does ... and devs start using it on the PS360 ... what will be the Wii's unique selling point?

Man, ir pointer for shooters, u know the most popular genre on those systems.

Ofcourse theres the history and experience of making games for kids and everybody, the reason why its sold so well.

You've stated twice now that IR pointers are somehow better.  Unfortunately, you are wrong.  These new remotes will be leaps and bounds more precise than the Wii Infra-Red transmitter and sensor bar.  This new remote uses two sensor bars and 4 pulses emitted rapidly to precisely detect the location along with the accelerometers and everything inside the remote itself.

Also, there is no guarantee that a PS3 version will be released.   It sounds like they are trying it out on the 360 with the higher user base as a test-run.  If it does well, they'll release the PS3 version.  I really don't see why this won't sell.  And just because it is 3rd party, doesn't mean Microsoft can't purchase them and bundle them with every system.

If anything this makes the 360 look even better because you effectively could get a Wii HD (Xbox 360 arcade with motion control) equivalent for the same price or less than the current Wii SD.  For me HD beats SD and that's really the only hardware difference now.

pakidan101 said:
*sigh* if this is a third-party company making this, then why will there be 360 games supporting this controller?

Unless Microsoft buys the damn company, why will there be any support?

Read the artical, it already states there is games already being developed for it. Why would 3rd partys not make games for the 360 using the device?

@seece, because that didn't work with the avatars did it?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Roma said:
Oh wow they are advancing in to the future! Lame and so late but the PS360 will be all over this thing now. Suddenly motion controls are cool :P

Didn't you hear?  Things are always cool when a company other than Nintendo makes them.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light