By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Motion control comming to the 360 this Fall

SpartanFX said:
this should have been in gaming section.

it's for both PS3 and X360.PS3 comes out next year ,a few months after the X360 one.

I don't think they will catch on though.but i love to be proved wrong.

It will have a bigger chance of catching on being for both platforms.  Two small userbases give a developer more incentive to create a game for it.  But still, it has a huge, huge, hill to climb to be successful.  Wonder what the price tag will be on this thing.

Around the Network

Q4 this yr, good luck to them. Wonder if MS really should have bothered trying to be first with it.

btw, its a remote. Nintendo lawyers will have a field day.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

darthdevidem01 said:
seece said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@seece

lets see

GDC will reveal more secrets & mysteries that shroud that game!

Hopefully!

I do wonder how the Wii will fare if this catchs on ....

Come on seece...for it to cause any harm to wii it will need BIG advertising.....will the companies do that? who knows

It depends how much Microsoft gets behind this, I mean it is the route they seem to be taking, casual gaming.

If it does ... and devs start using it on the PS360 ... what will be the Wii's unique selling point?

As long as this isn't MS'es big reveal...It's ok

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Nice looking do-dad. Now what about software?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Interesting, but, I don't think it will be big on PS360 as it is purely an add-on vs main component of the system.

Plus, unless I'm missing something in the details, I don't see how the sonic pulses could give you the IR functionality the Wiimote has. That is actually pretty darn useful in many games and has a lot of benefit for Shooters.

Oh well, guess we'll see how this unfolds over the holiday sales.

So its finally happening....

@Seece

also its a "too late" to harm wii's brand & word of mouth

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

This reminds me of those golf controllers that were all the rage for about five minutes last generation.

These are third-party entries that attempt to make the Xbox 360 and PS3 more "Wii-like" (whether they want to admit it or not) in their game selection.

They will sell a few units and be forgtten. These are not items that are good for the consoles or that will drive sales.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

What took them so long?

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light