By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: Chinatown Wars sales only half of VCS PSP sales, RE5 still number one

megaman79 said:
So 24hrs? that's clearly not enough time.

Exactly... but you know how people are.

Around the Network
palancas7 said:
megaman79 said:
So 24hrs? that's clearly not enough time.

Exactly... but you know how people are.

I thought MadWorld had better pre release buzz and better reviews than HOTD but it was the latter that opened twice as well as the former.

You know maybe its just that HOTD is more PAL friendly and MW is more US friendly, we will see.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I don't think anyone expected GTADS to top 2-3m worldwide, and it looks like it will approach or reach the low end of that over time.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

I don't think anyone expected GTADS to top 2-3m worldwide, and it looks like it will approach or reach the low end of that over time.

Some analyst, and the posters on Joystiq did.

http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/03/17/no-really-analyst-believes-gta-chinatown-wars-will-move-2m-in/

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

how did that game go from 16 to 6?

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
how did that game go from 16 to 6?

What game? Brain Training? Maybe is a bundle with the DS

I expected more for GTA but if it has legs then isn't a problem.

very disappointing GTA DS sales

but legs may help it through!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Demotruk said:
TheSource said:

Some analyst, and the posters on Joystiq did.

http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/03/17/no-really-analyst-believes-gta-chinatown-wars-will-move-2m-in/

Good find, they predicted 2m in US alone.

DMeisterJ said:
seece said:
I really don't understand the decision to put it on the DS, it would have done so much better on the PSP!

Seconded.

Why this game is on the DS is beyond me.  Given how well LCS and VCS sold, R* better hope to god that the game has some beautiful legs.

Oh well, now I can just wait for the GTA: SAS we all know is coming.

thirded

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
DMeisterJ said:
seece said:
I really don't understand the decision to put it on the DS, it would have done so much better on the PSP!

Seconded.

Why this game is on the DS is beyond me.  Given how well LCS and VCS sold, R* better hope to god that the game has some beautiful legs.

Oh well, now I can just wait for the GTA: SAS we all know is coming.

thirded

Fourthed

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey