By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: Chinatown Wars sales only half of VCS PSP sales, RE5 still number one

Kenology said:
DMeisterJ said:
Why is this 2 day excuse even used? Doesn't every game launch on Friday in UK? That's a bull-shit excuse.

I hope you weren't the one of the folks using the same excuse for Killzone 2's NPD numbers then...

And to everyone else, so what GTA:CTW sold less then the PSP versions in its opening week/days.  It'll have legs.  Yeah, the Sony/PSP fanboys will throw it in your face, but it's one of the very few, miniscule "victories" they could ever hope to have.

Yeah, I did say that about KZ2.  Because it's totally different.  Games normally don't launch at the end of the counting period in NPD, and when they do, they're up against games that come out at the beginning of the month, rather than the end of the month. 

In this case, games always launch on Fridays, and it's not an excuse.

Around the Network
Kenology said:
DMeisterJ said:
Why is this 2 day excuse even used? Doesn't every game launch on Friday in UK? That's a bull-shit excuse.

I hope you weren't the one of the folks using the same excuse for Killzone 2's NPD numbers then...

And to everyone else, so what GTA:CTW sold less then the PSP versions in its opening week/days.  It'll have legs.  Yeah, the Sony/PSP fanboys will throw it in your face, but it's one of the very few, miniscule "victories" they could ever hope to have.

Bad example as Killzone 2 wasn't launched normally on a Tuesday like most games in NA.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

People sure like to beat up on Chinatown Wars for placing 5th, even though Resistance Retribution didn't even make the top 40. Stop belittling the PSP sales too, CW will breeze past VCS? Doubt it.

SlumsofOhio said:
Kenology said:
DMeisterJ said:

Fanboys have nothing to do with this. Take that shit somewhere else. I can see why people left this site.

And the "It'll have legs" part. Are you hoping it will have legs, or do you have a comparison that actually makes sense? Throwing Nintendo titles around and saying "thats why it will have legs" makes no sense at all. I'm trying to find parallels between GTA Chinatown Wars and another game of its type. Since we can't, the only thing left to do is to make pointless comparisons or worse, hope it will have legs.

What GTA game doesn't have legs? It's a franchise known for selling a lot over a long period of time on a platform infamous for games that do the exact same thing. The burden of proof isn't on us. DS legs are not a rumor.

No one brought up Nintendo titles, and when you were given an example you just moved the goalposts. How many M rated DS games are there? Three? The only one I can think of off of the top of my heads is Dementium and no one in their right mind is going to try to argue that GTA is going to have similar sales to that game.

It's also really cute that people keep harping on launch sales like it actually means anything. I wonder if they're going to still be crying about the 63k sales when the game sells millions. If every other game like GTA is an example then I'm pretty sure they're going to disappear in a poof of smoke when it actually does happen.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I only found out chinatown wars was out when my younger brother told me. I think it'll do very well over time though.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Kenology said:
DMeisterJ said:

Bad example as Killzone 2 wasn't launched normally on a Tuesday like most games in NA.

Good example, given Killzone 2's NPD numbers only represented two days of sales.  Just like MadWorld.

Let's wait for 3 works worth of numbers.

4 ≈ One

Kenology said:
outlawauron said:
Kenology said:
DMeisterJ said:

Good example, given Killzone 2's NPD numbers only represented two days of sales.  Just like MadWorld.

But that's the norm in Europe. The case you he was providing is that it didn't get the same amount of time that most games get in their first weeks.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.