By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: Chinatown Wars sales only half of VCS PSP sales, RE5 still number one

bah i expected this

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
Naum said:
Wait.. GTA CW have only 24 hours of sales and you already call it a flop??....wow...just...wow.

Compared to what GTA IV sold in first 24 hours, it is a flop. A lot bigger userbase and all.

It's posts like these that really show the ignorance of some posters.  I guess this same user would also say that if Pokemon released on the 360 and did 1/50 of what it did on the Nintendo handhelds, that its also a flop completely disregarding everything that causes such an occurrence.  Ignorance is not a bliss people.  Understand why things sell before you talk about it.

Demotruk said:
Esa-Petteri said:
shinyuhadouken said:
Esa-Petteri said:
stof said:
Again guys, who would it sell to initially? Go to the games profile, look up DS games by sales and look for the highest selling "M" game. GTA CW isn't selling to an existing userbase. It's the game that will bring that userbase in to the fold, meaning we'll probably see a successful future for other more "adult" DS games as well.

Christmas 09, top 15. Stand by it.

So are you saying that ds is for kids or what? That is confusing.

It doesn't neccessarily have to mean kids. Demopgrahic simply applies to the type of people that play the games. 30 year old guy playing rpgs on the DS. He wouldn't be interested in GTA.

Why not? I play jrpg:s on DS and I think gta:cw is the best game on that platform..

You are not a reflection of society.

Thank god!

Anyways there's nothing I can say in this thread that hasn't already been said: Ony in UK, been on sale for 2 days, DS games have legs, people using "compared to userbase" or "compared to GTAIV" arguments are full of it, etc. It's the same routine over and over again. The same trolls dump in these threads, the games legs eventually prove them wrong, and suddenly they're nowhere to be found when their crow is served.

There has to be a more effective way to hold people accountable for crow eating. If they're going to be allowed to troll up and down like this there should be some way to hold them to almost always being wrong and letting everyone know about(besides their reuptation for being inaccurate trolls, of course).

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Zucas said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Naum said:
Wait.. GTA CW have only 24 hours of sales and you already call it a flop??....wow...just...wow.

Compared to what GTA IV sold in first 24 hours, it is a flop. A lot bigger userbase and all.

It's posts like these that really show the ignorance of some posters.  I guess this same user would also say that if Pokemon released on the 360 and did 1/50 of what it did on the Nintendo handhelds, that its also a flop completely disregarding everything that causes such an occurrence.  Ignorance is not a bliss people.  Understand why things sell before you talk about it.

Yes it would be a flop and I would be the first one pointing that out. ;P

Neos said:
RPG said:
Poor Killzone 2, I predicted legs for that one :(

A DS GTA was always going to be a gamble but I am sure it will easily break a million, for one I have not seen a single advert for this game yet! GO RE5 GO you fantastic shooter!

Also it seems the US sales will make up for it. And ofcourse, DS/Wii games have more legs, i wouldn't be worried at all. It will outsell both the PSP versions with no problem.

lol, no it won't.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Esa, please don't tell me you expect a GTA spin off on a handheld to sell as much as GTA IV. GTA is a more console centric franchise anyway. And it seems people haven't learned yet that Nintendo platforms work with legs. Don't know how many examples there must be for it to get drilled and cemented in people's brains.

100 million install base, it should sell a lot more than GTA IV. How are the legs on M-rated games on DS? Not too good.

Esa-Petteri said:
Soriku said:
Esa, please don't tell me you expect a GTA spin off on a handheld to sell as much as GTA IV. GTA is a more console centric franchise anyway. And it seems people haven't learned yet that Nintendo platforms work with legs. Don't know how many examples there must be for it to get drilled and cemented in people's brains.

100 million install base, it should sell a lot more than GTA IV. How are the legs on M-rated games on DS? Not too good.

But wait, you like JRPG's, and you loved GTA:CTW... and you pirated the damn game. Considering how R4's have sold, and who they sell to, maybe you are in fact a reflection of that demographic.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Soriku said:

But wait, you like JRPG's, and you loved GTA:CTW... and you pirated the damn game. Considering how R4's have sold, and who they sell to, maybe you are in fact a reflection of that demographic.

Dude, who said that I pirated GTA:CW?

How do you know he pirated the game?

Demotruk said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Soriku said:

Please don't use that excuse. Goodness.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.