By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A State of the Union for the Playstation 3

You know what's a joke. The Sony propaganda team and their "respected posters" acting like what I write is "bad" and kissing each other's asses.

Let me clarify.

None of you have refuted a actual points:

A. Blu-Ray was an attempt to raise one brand at the cost of another, and it succeeded, at our expense.

B. Sony has relegated itself to 3rd place this gen, behind that plan.

C. The Blu-Ray plan continues to cost us games, to some extent.

I never said the PS3 was a bad console. I do believe that people who think it's the best console ever, are fanboys.

No matter how much you bullshit around, flame me, flame my opinions, and flame my thread, you can't get around the fact that you are also biased, spiteful, or angry.

I said the PS3 doesn't suck. Yes, it sucked at launch. That, imo, is undeniable. Maybe you could add a condition "it didn't suck for a launch console" but no. It was 599 dollars, and had very few or no great exclusive games, and BR had no content at that point.

As time has passed, it's become quite a nice console. It ceased to suck. I refuse to pretty up my words so the majority of you don't get offended and laughably try to argue with me. Nobody, who wasn't a gamer, would buy any of this political bullshit for one damn second.

No, my opinion stands. As always, I have garnered my small amount of respect on this forum by not giving a shit what other people have to say or think about me, when I truly believe I am right. Some of you might see fit to stop enjoying my posts after this, but I don't care, never did. If I didn't say and stand by what I believe, then I wouldn't be worth respecting in the first place.

Luckily, I do believe that just as many people agree with me here as not. They just aren't as asshole vocal. I take solace in that, under fire.

Continue.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

QFT THANK YOU OP!

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

ZenfoldorVGI said:
You know what's a joke. The Sony propaganda team and their "respected posters" acting like what I write is "bad" and kissing each other's asses.

Let me clarify.

None of you have refuted a actual points:

A. Blu-Ray was an attempt to raise one brand at the cost of another, and it succeeded, at our expense.

B. Sony has relegated itself to 3rd place this gen, behind that plan.

C. The Blu-Ray plan continues to cost us games, to some extent.

I never said the PS3 was a bad console. I do believe that people who think it's the best console ever, are fanboys.

No matter how much you bullshit around, flame me, flame my opinions, and flame my thread, you can't get around the fact that you are also biased, spiteful, or angry.

I said the PS3 doesn't suck. Yes, it sucked at launch. That, imo, is undeniable. Maybe you could add a condition "it didn't suck for a launch console" but no. It was 599 dollars, and had very few or no great exclusive games, and BR had no content at that point.

As time has passed, it's become quite a nice console. It ceased to suck. I refuse to pretty up my words so the majority of you don't get offended and laughably try to argue with me. Nobody, who wasn't a gamer, would buy any of this political bullshit for one damn second.

No, my opinion stands. As always, I have garnered my small amount of respect on this forum by not giving a shit what other people have to say or think about me, when I truly believe I am right. Some of you might see fit to stop enjoying my posts after this, but I don't care, never did. If I didn't say and stand by what I believe, then I wouldn't be worth respecting in the first place.

Luckily, I do believe that just as many people agree with me here as not. They just aren't as asshole vocal. I take solace in that, under fire.

Continue.

"Your either with us or against us"G.W.B Thats the Sony propaganda Team moto.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Max King of the Wild said:
you know i change my mind ill just tear you op up then never enter the thread again.

first line - where the fuck did you get that from? is it at all possible that for the longest time peoples have genuinly enjoyed the console and has this crazy thought cross your mind... people think mgs4, uncharted 2, lbp > halo 3 gears of war and viva pinata? heaven forbid people have different tates.

second paragraph - yes everyone thought it was shit from the start no one liked it from the begining /sarcasm

who the hell cares how fans want to act. its a non issue. you guys whinning about it is worse.

A - oh dear lord people get excited UNACCEPTABLE WE NEED MORE PROZAC PEOPLE SHOULDNT SHOW EMOTION! is it at all possible that these people are happy because for the last 2 years people were rubbing their face in the sales and claimed superiority and it all might cease now?

B - so? again why does it matter people see a good game sell?? funny you are probabally thinking 'because 360 has sold...' and that the attitude i just commented about always having to compare the 360 to the ps3 to claim superiority to try and belittle people for showing excitment when it really shouldnt matter.

C - this brings me back to peoples taste in games... it cant be because the genuinly think its one of the best. you also have to realize that the people saying this can only say it about games theyve played. so there very well might be a better game out there but if they havent played it it cant be better.

D - oh wow... i really dont think anyone flames multiplats just because they are multiplats. you just putting words in peoples mouthes just like that not meeting expectations bulkshit. when me and zexen confronted the trolls for saying kz2 didnt meet sales expectations we provided facts that it exceeded them. out of about 80 people average first week expectations were about 690k. there were more people expecting less than 500k than there were expecting over 1 million. we had to put up with that same bullshit with lbp launch when most expectations were in the 2 - 4 mil range (already over 2) and r2 launch when most expectations were r1 type sales (can sell 0 copies in 5 months and still be on track with r1)

1 - how is ms paying for exclusives sonys fault? and the highest jrpg is under 800k... jrpgs are a non event this gen so far.

copy what ajhab said but include how sony will end up outselling some first place consoles while finishing in 3rd which has never happened for4 and your basing facts on opinions for5

OMFG, you really tore me up.

lol, yeah, maybe I'm an asshole. Maybe I'm a bitter prick. Maybe I'm the most pathetic excuse for a troll ever to set foot in the VGChartz forums. None of that, however, stops me from being absolutely right.

or absolutely arrogant & full of yourself

all your posts reek of the above....maybe thats why 75% of the posters here disagreed with you....as your tone is annoying (as usual....this is nothing new)

The funny thing is....your base post is almost quite true BUT later on you almost went to the edges of trolling Ps3/personally insulting smashed.

Next time be nicer.....put it in better words.....be a bit diplomatic.

You want to make a mountain of a molehill (which you have with the thread).....do so.....but do it more calmly.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@soriku

the way he has written it can be EASILY taken as personal by many PS3 fans

the thread acted as bait....people fell for it

Around the Network

Can you answer my question and reply to my comments please? Because I really do think you are being pretentious and arrogant by grouping all PS3 fans together and assuming that we hype up every exclusive, downplay everything else.

I really have no problems with you saying the PS3 just doesn't suck anymore. And I have no problems with you telling fanboys that they need to get back to reality about what state the PS3 is/was in. But the beginning of your post where you insinuate that "we" get excited for relatively poor sales, and bash multiplatform titles, and declare all PS3 games top of their genres really irks me. I would have had a lot more respect for you if you had left the beginning out or worded it better to clarify who this was aimed at.

the above poster proves my point to you zen

bobobologna said:
Can you answer my question and reply to my comments please? Because I really do think you are being pretentious and arrogant by grouping all PS3 fans together and assuming that we hype up every exclusive, downplay everything else.

I really have no problems with you saying the PS3 just doesn't suck anymore. And I have no problems with you telling fanboys that they need to get back to reality about what state the PS3 is/was in. But the beginning of your post where you insinuate that "we" get excited for relatively poor sales, and bash multiplatform titles, and declare all PS3 games top of their genres really irks me. I would have had a lot more respect for you if you had left the beginning out or worded it better to clarify who this was aimed at.

lol, but that was the best bit.

Your PS3 heros can fight ten men single-handedly.

I can teach them to engage a thousand.

That said, I'm dead serious bro. It's all true, and you shouldn't fight the truth in this life sir. ;O My opinion is valid.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

outlawauron said:
I see you keep talking about how Sony needs more JRPGs, as a gamer I agree.

But outside of Pokemon, JRPGs have been shunned by the West.

I hate the damn west. That's real.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Oh, Zen, why so little response? The rest of my post too big for you, or what? Oh I wish you had explained why you chose to just ignore most of it.

ZenFoldorVGI said:
2 things.

Your first paragraph. The PS3 did "suck" for the first year. It had virtually no good exclusives, BR had very little content, it cost $599 dollars, and its generally accepted that the console had performed very poorly. MGS4 was a huge turning point. The console most certainly did "suck" early on, and I've be interested to hear your arguments as to why it didn't.
The point of it is not in whether or not it sucked, and you have bereaved my quote of context by presenting it in this way.

The point is that it is not universally acknowledged as sucking in its first year, not by its detractors and certainly not by its fa-

You know what?

Your failure to reply to the majority of my post leaves me free to just copy/paste the parts that already deal with what you're saying here. To whit:
Khuutra said:

Few reasonable detractors have ever claimed that the system sucked. Perhaps that its value differential versus its price differential did not justify its purchase instead of a 360, sure (I have said that myself), but not that the PS3 sucked.

No supporters of the system would acknowledge that they would celebrate the PS3 "not sucking", because this implies that there was a space of time in which one would say that the PS3 did suck. This is not going to be true for the vast majority of people, much less the people for whom the PS3 is the platform of choice.
Secondly, you're going to have to qualify in what way the console previously sucked. You speak of a comeback in terms of quality, but in what way has the qualitative shift of its library been any different from its competitors? If this is not the metric to which you refer, then what the Hell are you talking about?
ZenFoldorVGI said:
Your final paragraph. This topic was clearly labled as a State of the Union. The real state of the PS3, not the hyped one. Yes, it pisses every Sony fan off, who would rather live by some inflated overhyped lie, as to how "great and infallable" their console is. Unless you didn't know, many people are loving this thread, including myself, and I thought it was just grand.
Khuutra said:

Don't go reminding people that opinions are subjective and then try to imply that there's an objective standard of limitations in terms of how they may celebrate their own perceptions of the console. You will end up tripping over your own feet from crossing them so much.
Khuutra said:
You are in exactly no position to make any kind of value judgement as to how much celebration of this particular console is appropriate or not.
Khuutra said:

Let me make sure I got this straight.

You came in here to say that the Playstation doesn't suck, but it isn't fantastic like everyone lieks to pretend. The reason for this is that Sony has abandoned the gamers, and you have somehow equated business decisions concerning the penetration of new hardware with a moral scale which precludes using one piece of technology as a Trojan horse for another, which is exactly what the PS2 was, too.

Then you go on to say that, hey, at least you didn't say the PS3 sucked, so at least you aren't flaming, right fellas? Right?

This topic doesn't actually have any message to it, no single cohesive thread of logic that binds it all together. This is a bunch of disassociated statements of barely tenable quality or accuracy whose only relation to each other is that they're meant to rile people up.
So far, easiest post I've ever made.

That's saying something.
ZenFoldorVGI said:

If you don't like it, I could give a shit, btw.
You mean "could not give a shit". There's a difference between colloquialisms and grammatical butchery.
ZenFoldorVGI said:
It's the way things are mostly(imho), and you'd be hard up to find a more valid opinion on this forum.
Khuutra said:
Don't go reminding people that opinions are subjective and then try to imply that there's an objective standard of limitations in terms of how they may celebrate their own perceptions of the console. You will end up tripping over your own feet from crossing them so much.
Khuutra said:
I'm going to take a moment to ponder over this. Just for a second.
Khuutra said:
The worst part of this is how much it doesn't make sense. Yeah, I feel confident saying that.
I am just as capable of using my own words out of context. I just make the attempt at making them seem appropriate.

How about some original material, now.
ZenFoldorVGI:
Degrading my thread in every way possible doesn't make it cease to be, and it doesn't lessen or marginalize my studied opinion.
In the first place: I do not have to denigrate your thread, it was built on foundations so faulty that it barely needs to be addressed in the first place. Your operative assumption, that you are in any position whatsoever as to speak to PS3 fans as to the appropriateness of their celebrations, is fallacious to the point of absurdity.

In the second place: your opinion is neither studied nor exactly an opinion. An opinion implies that there is a foundation off of which it may be based, not the unreasoned thing that has been posted here. It is like claiming to make an educated guess when you are plainly making a blind shot in the dark: it is dishonest, it is a misuse of terms, and it's not even very funny to watch.
ZenFoldorVGI said:
On the contrary, posters like you, attempting to guise their flaming with "intelligent commentary" do me more good than harm.
You are misusing "flaming". Feel free to point out any point in my previous post where I flamed you.
ZenFoldorVGI said:You are the ones I made this for. Enjoy it.
I don't even own a PS3. That does not make this topic more well-founded.
ZenFoldorVGI said:If you think I'm strong when I'm battling the whole forum, you should see my power concentrated on just one poster.
Uh-huh. That's what you said last time, too, but I remain unimpressed. Stating your opinions is not good debating, failing to qualify them is not good debating.

And not responding to 90% of a post? Why, that's not good debating at all.