By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A State of the Union for the Playstation 3

You don't get to run from me by point of concession, Zen. That's not how it works. And this isn't a real-time thing anyway, this is a message board. No need to put anything "on hold" while you feed yourself, especially given that my post would take a long time to make.

Now, I nee you to repeat yourself, and level with me, because if you're just trolling it would save me a lot of grief and I wouldn't need to reply to your post (which would be appropriate, at this point):

Do you mean what you say about yourself?

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
@Khuutra

I'm hungry, let's put this on hold, or just end it. Nobody is reading but you and I, at this point.

What about the wannabe PS3 gangsters who forgot about DRE?

Those bastards, aye? What they c on TV is real in dem streets.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Khuutra said:
You don't get to run from me by point of concession, Zen. That's not how it works. And this isn't a real-time thing anyway, this is a message board. No need to put anything "on hold" while you feed yourself, especially given that my post would take a long time to make.

Now, I nee you to repeat yourself, and level with me, because if you're just trolling it would save me a lot of grief and I wouldn't need to reply to your post (which would be appropriate, at this point):

Do you mean what you say about yourself?

Yes, the PS3 has flaws, no it's not the best console ever, and probably not the best console this gen. No, the PS3 probably wont' be second place this gen, and yes the Blu-Ray decision cost PS3 gamers a lot this gen if they want to admit it or not.

Beyond that, I concede that I'm an arrogant prick with a god-complex.

Now, it's over. Let's both stfu.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Sorry, doesn't work that way. I'm still going to tear your last post to pieces as best I can.

Khuutra said:
Sorry, doesn't work that way. I'm still going to tear your last post to pieces as best I can.

lol, feel free. I'm probably not going to read it though, but if you feel the need to save face, go ahead.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
@Khuutra

I'm hungry, let's put this on hold, or just end it. Nobody is reading but you and I, at this point.

What about the wannabe PS3 gangsters who forgot about DRE?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
wholikeswood said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Khuutra said:

If you think I'm strong when I'm battling the whole forum, you should see my power concentrated on just one poster.

Every time I read this sentence, I picture you clutching your mouse and I think of Dr. Octopus in Spiderman 2 holding the fission ball in his hand and saying, "the power of the sun... in the palm of my hand". In other words, I think you took the ego trip one step too far with that one-liner.

You didn't leave any thoughts in return to my second paragraph on this page. I won't take that as confirmation that I'm correct since you probably do have a rebuttal for it, but it would be nice if you'd let me know either way.

I suspect that the PS3's poor start is an eternal thorn in the paw for many Sony supporters and consciousness of such a poor start causes them to show exaggerated anticipation for incoming titles, which subsequently results in the bubble-bursting phenomenon when said titles only sell realistic levels rather than enormous levels. Then they are forced to check themselves with what you refer to as 'conditions' which, while they may be legitimate, still irk you for the fact that they exist at all.

What I've just described is life on VGC. I don't see it changing. I'm not going to tell you to "get used to it", since your post count suggests to me that you are, and that this thread, rather than an attempt to change the system, is merely a manifestation of the dialogue that runs through your head everytime you log in here.

LOL, you got it! Bingo!

The powa of the sun, in the palm of my hand!

Instead of patronising me, you could have told me whether you have a rebuttal for the second paragraph of my first post on this page (cf. Sony stepping away from 3rd party/embracing 1st & 2nd party). :(

@ Khuutra: You're a smart guy, so don't pointlessly ask him if he really, really, really believes his god-complex. It's tiring to read. If you're going to construct a strong riposte, then do it. Otherwise, let the thread die.

The PS3 is the best console Sony has ever done, unfortunately they overpriced it and made it too expensive for both the buyers and the developers and that is really why its in third place.

But lately, Sony has started to make up for their stupidity, by giving people like me some terrific games to play and even more to come. From where this console started, it has a bright future ahead.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I'm pretty sure the PS3 is the best console out there even with a $400 dollar price tag. The PS3 can also outsell the 360 becuase of its ten year life span 0.o duhhh

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

I think you nailed it, PS3 is a good console without a doubt, it does have some moderate success compared to 2007, but SOME of Sony fans are still thinking that their console of choice is far superior then others, they get overexited over insignificant things and try to hype up every piece of software on that system.

Its a good gaming machine and people should concentrate on enjoying themselves while playing it.