By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran turismo 5 pro sales WOW

The sales are really good for a demo because there is no other GT title on the PS3, unlike the case of GT4 demo, which had to compete with GT3 the game.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

They shipped 3.3 million as of Dec 2008. It will easily pass 4 million before GT5.

established franchises do sell great on the ps3

Not surprising, if I had gotten a ps3 is would have been in 2007 and i'd have had to wait till end of 09/2010 just to play GT5 (which i'm a hugh fan of)....
So i'd be playing GT5:P right now waiting for the damn game to release....

Congratz anyways, sales are deserved...

@jpain333

That's exactly the reason why I have bought it in January. (With the 3 updates it's actually worth £20)

So people shouldn't jugde GT5's lifetime sales based on a comparison between GT4P and GT5P sales.

Around the Network
Snake612 said:
The demo sold pretty well. I think Polyphony Digital should stop working on the updates for the demo and work on the actual game and try to release the game late 2009.

I thought they did.  We were supposed to get some updates/dlc for GT5P, but I haven't seen anything except a 1 big patch.  I hope they include better matchmaking support in the full game.  

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

@Barozi

Excalty, I haven't made any judgements on what GT5 sales would be, all I know is it will be one of the ps3's top selling games...

I also don't know how much content GT5:P has, but i'm sure its well worth the price tag...

Gran Turismo is Sony's biggest franchise therefore im not suprised, plus the game was heavily bundled with PS3's , but it did well indeed.

It's about to surpass MGS4 in Japan for sales to become the highest selling game in Japan on the PS3

MGS4: .67 million

GT5P:  .66 million

That demo is more a full game then half the games out there, probably more then 90% of the best sellers on the wii.

People on here for some reason are delusional to GT strength as a franchise, similar way GTA was dismissed on here.