By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict the percent (%) of market share for the Wii, PS3, 360 by gen's end

dtewi said:
Oh sorry Hus, let me just see it's third party. Ah, here we go.

Godfather Wii
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
My Sims
NiGHTS
No More Heroes
Zack and Wiki
Beautiful Katamari
Bully Scholarship Edition
Resident Evil 4 Wii
Final Fantasy CC:CB
Dragon Blade
Geometry Wars Galaxies
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
Guitar Hero 3
Tales of Symphonia: KoR
Sword of Legendia
Harvest Moon Wii
Manhunt 2
Samurai Warriors Katana
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Puzzle Quest
Resident Evil: UC
Soul Calibur Legends
Trauma Center
Trauma Center 2

Ports spin offs yahh thats quite the mediocre list.

MGS from Kojima is Big.
GTA from rockstar is Big
Fallout 3 from Bethesda is BIg.
Burnout Paradise thats big.

Godfatjher is not big.

Around the Network

@andrewpeirce umm, do you want me to start yelling and saying you are wrong? I can if it would make you feel better. That really seems to be what this thread is for.

Ahem

You are a fanboy and have no clue what you are talking about. All opinions posted in this thread of your are incorrect. Monkeys with typewriters are more accurate in their predictions.

Seriously, being ignored is not always bad.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

andrewpeirce said:
mitsuhide said:
Bursche said:
mitsuhide said:
PS3 twice the price of an X360 yet selling the same.PS3 twice the price of PS2 but selling quite well dispite this.The Wii is less than half the price of the PS3 so its only normal that the Wii will sell better but name a Thirdparty majorly proven franchise on the Wii that has consistently high sales and shifts consoles......thats right there isnt one yet(and Soriku dont say KH3 it hasnt been announced it doesnt count).

Name one that has been released for PS3 that is 3rd party that moves systems. OH wait there hasnt been one. ZOMG THERE WONT EVEN BE ONE THIS YEAR. Only Microsoft has fantastic 3rd party at this point.

Nintendo has proven that even if they arent supported, they can support themselves. Add that to the fact everyone is jumping on the Wii bandwagon (and at the same time leaping for the lives fromt he PS3's) then how can the PS3 outsell Wii?

MS needs the 3rd partys to stay in the game.Sony and Nintendo doesnt need them they both have very good 1st party support.I didnt say released i am saying announced and PS3 has 2 of the biggest franchise ever FF and MGS plus the 5th biggest(i think) 1st party title GT.

Have you seen Sony's 1st party lineup this year its massive and next years is big too.

Microsoft has decent 1st party. And unless PS3 can pass 360 in the next 12, xbox 360 is going to get (at least, if not certainly more) the 3rd party support it needs to survive.

I would say MS 1st party is better than it was but its still far from Sony's or Nintendo's level of 1st party.If MS doesnt have any 3rd party support then there will be very few games for the X360.If Sony gets 3rd party support then it will just help the sales and make the system more appealing but if Nintendo gets lots of 3rdparty support then their 1st party games will over shadow the 3rd party games because Mario and Metroid will outsell ResisdentEvil and DragonQuest any day even though both of those are big franchise and will be forgotten because of MetroidPrime4 and SuperMarioWii(in theory) thats why the Xbox 3rdparty support was actually better than the GC even though its market share was lower because the 3rdpartys couldnt compete with the 1stparty games. 

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

4 vs. 25

who will win?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

mitsuhide said:
@People defending the Wii:
I said name PROVEN SYSTEM sellers lets say to the level of.......GTA or is that too big for your little Wii to overcome.

The PS3 lost 2, TWO, of its 3 killer apps. GTA and FF are not exclusive anymore. So that half the marketshare and drive taken right out and given to 360. And after MGS4, there will be no more.

So what are your system sellers besides maybe God of War, Ratchet and Clank, and Jak and Daxter (is the series done?). 

Nintendo has more proven system sellers than ever, plus add that to all of the new IPs being created for it. Microsoft is getting really good system sellers as well, and is able to steal some from PS3.

So while the 360 and PS3 are fighting amongst themselves, the Wii will win.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network

FFXIII isn't exclusive anymore?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Anything is possible. However, as has been said before, once a console gets momentum, it is hard to stop. And on the flip side, a console with little momentum is hard to kick start.

So I predict:

Wii: 55-65%

Xbox 360: 25-30%

PS3:  20-25%

Although I think PS3 has a chance to do slightly better than 360, it isn't selling well enough anywhere to be a sure thing. 

Hus said:
dtewi said:
Oh sorry Hus, let me just see it's third party. Ah, here we go.

Godfather Wii
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
My Sims
NiGHTS
No More Heroes
Zack and Wiki
Beautiful Katamari
Bully Scholarship Edition
Resident Evil 4 Wii
Final Fantasy CC:CB
Dragon Blade
Geometry Wars Galaxies
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
Guitar Hero 3
Tales of Symphonia: KoR
Sword of Legendia
Harvest Moon Wii
Manhunt 2
Samurai Warriors Katana
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Puzzle Quest
Resident Evil: UC
Soul Calibur Legends
Trauma Center
Trauma Center 2

Ports spin offs yahh thats quite the mediocre list.

MGS from Kojima is Big.
GTA from rockstar is Big
Fallout 3 from Bethesda is BIg.
Burnout Paradise thats big.

Godfatjher is not big.

And how do you reconcile with the fact that 3 of those 4 big games are on the 360, and if what Konami keeps alluding to is true, the last one will also be on the 360?

The ps3 has better Third party support than the wii, most if not all 3rd party 360 games are coming out on the ps3. Also haze is exclusive, and mgs as well as FF XIII those are "some examples of exclusive 3rd party games", the rest are multi plat but are still considered 3rd party.

mM

Well, I see this thread hasn't gotten any calmer. I'll be on my way...