By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict the percent (%) of market share for the Wii, PS3, 360 by gen's end

@Soriku:
Hahahaha surprise you jumped in with handhelds to defend the Wii Wiining well if the sales of PS3 and Wii end up like PSP and DS where would X360 be far infront or far behind?Your trying 2 different markets and one has 2 competitors the other has 3 so there incompareable.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

I just don't think that PS3 winning makes sense.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

mitsuhide said:
PS3 twice the price of an X360 yet selling the same.PS3 twice the price of PS2 but selling quite well dispite this.The Wii is less than half the price of the PS3 so its only normal that the Wii will sell better but name a Thirdparty majorly proven franchise on the Wii that has consistently high sales and shifts consoles......thats right there isnt one yet(and Soriku dont say KH3 it hasnt been announced it doesnt count).

Name one that has been released for PS3 that is 3rd party that moves systems. OH wait there hasnt been one. ZOMG THERE WONT EVEN BE ONE THIS YEAR. Only Microsoft has fantastic 3rd party at this point.

Nintendo has proven that even if they arent supported, they can support themselves. Add that to the fact everyone is jumping on the Wii bandwagon (and at the same time leaping for the lives fromt he PS3's) then how can the PS3 outsell Wii?

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

dtewi said:
Trauma Center
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Mario Party (is hudson TP?)

They dont sell consoles or havent proven to significantly and Mario Party is 1st party maybe 2nd not 3rd because its published by Nintendo and has Mario in it.

Bursche said:
mitsuhide said:
PS3 twice the price of an X360 yet selling the same.PS3 twice the price of PS2 but selling quite well dispite this.The Wii is less than half the price of the PS3 so its only normal that the Wii will sell better but name a Thirdparty majorly proven franchise on the Wii that has consistently high sales and shifts consoles......thats right there isnt one yet(and Soriku dont say KH3 it hasnt been announced it doesnt count).

Name one that has been released for PS3 that is 3rd party that moves systems. OH wait there hasnt been one. ZOMG THERE WONT EVEN BE ONE THIS YEAR. Only Microsoft has fantastic 3rd party at this point.

Nintendo has proven that even if they arent supported, they can support themselves. Add that to the fact everyone is jumping on the Wii bandwagon (and at the same time leaping for the lives fromt he PS3's) then how can the PS3 outsell Wii?

um UT3 or Assasins Creed THIS YEAR ZOMG!!!

Whos jumping on the wii bandwagon, whwere are those big 3rd arty franshises ?

Around the Network

I think there is no way we can even make wild predictions before this holiday season. Thats why I said my "prediction" is a guess. PS3 could still win. If the rest of Sony's big titles for PS3 this year get good reviews and sell well, and PS3 gets another $100 price cut in USA and a $200 price cut in europe, and then FF13/MGS4 ect Do end up coming out next year, and are really good, and sell well, PS3 could come back, beat 360 by next summer, close in on the Wii by xmas 08, and then overtake the Wii in 09. Its a huge longshot, sure, but until we see that PS3 infact does sell poorly this christmas, there is no way to really know.
Also, there is no way the PS3 will have under 10% market share. If it did, sony may as well drop out of the console market O.O Itl'll have 15% at the bare minimum
I personally think the Wii is going to win, seeing as its the most likely. But there is no reason to flame people who think the PS3 will have the greatest market share- its still possible.

Hus said:
Bursche said:
mitsuhide said:

um UR3 or Assasins Creed THIS YEAR ZOMG!!!

Whos jumping on the wii bandwagon, whwere are those big 3rd arty franshises ?

You know what youre right. Because everyone knows that Assassin's Creed 1-4 sold millions, wait thats not a proven franchise? And UR3 might be a good game but is ont a system seller.

Its almost constant in Videogame news that all developers are "zomg we bet on the stud horse when the dark horse is winning! Lets back the dark horse!" Everyone knows that, while nothing has been officially stated, developers are turning more towards the Wii now and will bring their big guns to cash in. Besides EA, every developer who has supported the Wii from the beginning has turned profits, while the others have been int he negative. 

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Bursche said:
mitsuhide said:

MS needs the 3rd partys to stay in the game.Sony and Nintendo doesnt need them they both have very good 1st party support.I didnt say released i am saying announced and PS3 has 2 of the biggest franchise ever FF and MGS plus the 5th biggest(i think) 1st party title GT.

Have you seen Sony's 1st party lineup this year its massive and next years is big too. 

38% ps3

34% wii

28%360

mM
mitsuhide said:
@Soriku:
Hahahaha surprise you jumped in with handhelds to defend the Wii Wiining well if the sales of PS3 and Wii end up like PSP and DS where would X360 be far infront or far behind?Your trying 2 different markets and one has 2 competitors the other has 3 so there incompareable.
also, the quick, easy, cheap fun factor that appeals to harcore cauals (your mom and brain age) doesn't work that well no wii. Wii is probably better for grand adventures than DS (TP vs PH) 50$ big brain acedemy you can only play on your TV fails when compared to $20 brain age you can play anywhere.