By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict the percent (%) of market share for the Wii, PS3, 360 by gen's end

dtewi said:
People still believe PS3 will win the war. That is funny.

I find it funny that you think the war is over before the PS3 has been out a year in ALL territories.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

PS3 is tracking the same worldwide as much as PS2 is doing in Japan. PS2 was only released in Japan for some months.

And I find it funny IMO because Wii is the biggest video game console ever and tapping into the video game's largest market. PS3 is only target a small group.

Casual is bigger than hardcore.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Bursche said:

And anyone who thinks that this generation will sell nearly as much as last gen, they dont see that PS2 sold so much because of rebuys and multiple purchases which inflated their numbers.

Only fanboys believe that.

Person 1: "Ah man, my PS2's busted!" "It won't read my games!"

Person 2: "Man, that's too bad." "So, you gonna send it into Customer Support, or try to fix it?"

Person 1: "Nah, I'm just going to dish out another 200+ dollars and buy another one."

dtewi said:
PS3 is tracking the same worldwide as much as PS2 is doing in Japan. PS2 was only released in Japan for some months.

And I find it funny IMO because Wii is the biggest video game console ever and tapping into the video game's largest market. PS3 is only target a small group.

Casual is bigger than hardcore.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=PS3&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=All&cons3=Wii&reg3=All&align=1

MontanaHatchet said:
dtewi said:
People still believe PS3 will win the war. That is funny.

1. Why couldn't it? It's selling at almost the exact same rate as the PS2.

2. How is that funny? Are you just trying to mock people?

3. WTF? How is it a "war"? This is why marketing propaganda exists.

/facepalm

1. And the Wii is selling 2-3x as fast. During last gen PS2 was consistantly matching or outselling the competition. The PS3 is losing to both consoles.

2. Yes he is.

3. Everyone calls it a console war. Its been this way since the SNES vs. Genesis days where it was a "war".

Dont say "zomg u got pwn'd, face palm FTW!" When you only have one point and its shaky at that.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

PS3 twice the price of an X360 yet selling the same.PS3 twice the price of PS2 but selling quite well dispite this.The Wii is less than half the price of the PS3 so its only normal that the Wii will sell better but name a Thirdparty majorly proven franchise on the Wii that has consistently high sales and shifts consoles......thats right there isnt one yet(and Soriku dont say KH3 it hasnt been announced it doesnt count).

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

So that means 360 is gonna be the best selling system bursche?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

MontanaHatchet said:
Bursche said:

And anyone who thinks that this generation will sell nearly as much as last gen, they dont see that PS2 sold so much because of rebuys and multiple purchases which inflated their numbers.

Only fanboys believe that.

Person 1: "Ah man, my PS2's busted!" "It won't read my games!"

Person 2: "Man, that's too bad." "So, you gonna send it into Customer Support, or try to fix it?"

Person 1: "Nah, I'm just going to dish out another 200+ dollars and buy another one."

I came up with that out of personal experience. My household has gone through 2 ps2's. A friend of mine has gone through FOUR. So if out of every 10 or so people who bought a ps2, if 3 or 4 buy replacements or another to just have, then thats 14 per 10 people. Do the math, if the market allows for a console to sell 100 million on its own, and that ratio is kept, then 130-140 woudl be sold instead because of replacements/extra systems.

This generationwill be different because Nintendo systems are renowned for their longevity, my SNES still works. Sony's not so much, thus this gen will sell significantly less than last. 

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Soriku said:
@mitsuhide and Montana

The PSP sure destroyed the DS, eh?...Oh wait!

There's really very little relevance in that statement. I'm starting to get a little tired of this thread anyways. It's just me and Mitsuhide fighting off a vengeful hoard. It's a complete waste of time and starting to get a little ridiculous.

Trauma Center
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Mario Party (is hudson TP?)

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

mitsuhide said:
PS3 twice the price of an X360 yet selling the same.PS3 twice the price of PS2 but selling quite well dispite this.The Wii is less than half the price of the PS3 so its only normal that the Wii will sell better but name a Thirdparty majorly proven franchise on the Wii that has consistently high sales and shifts consoles......thats right there isnt one yet(and Soriku dont say KH3 it hasnt been announced it doesnt count).

Give up dude, some are to dense to see reality

As for someones Ferrari comment. Ferrari is always expensive, PS3 wont always be so what do you think Ferrari would sell of they were priced like a kia?