By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict the percent (%) of market share for the Wii, PS3, 360 by gen's end

Oh sorry Hus, let me just see it's third party. Ah, here we go.

Godfather Wii
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
My Sims
NiGHTS
No More Heroes
Zack and Wiki
Beautiful Katamari
Bully Scholarship Edition
Resident Evil 4 Wii
Final Fantasy CC:CB
Dragon Blade
Geometry Wars Galaxies
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
Guitar Hero 3
Tales of Symphonia: KoR
Sword of Legendia
Harvest Moon Wii
Manhunt 2
Samurai Warriors Katana
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Puzzle Quest
Resident Evil: UC
Soul Calibur Legends
Trauma Center
Trauma Center 2

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Hus said:
Bursche said:
mitsuhide said:
PS3 twice the price of an X360 yet selling the same.PS3 twice the price of PS2 but selling quite well dispite this.The Wii is less than half the price of the PS3 so its only normal that the Wii will sell better but name a Thirdparty majorly proven franchise on the Wii that has consistently high sales and shifts consoles......thats right there isnt one yet(and Soriku dont say KH3 it hasnt been announced it doesnt count).

Name one that has been released for PS3 that is 3rd party that moves systems. OH wait there hasnt been one. ZOMG THERE WONT EVEN BE ONE THIS YEAR. Only Microsoft has fantastic 3rd party at this point.

Nintendo has proven that even if they arent supported, they can support themselves. Add that to the fact everyone is jumping on the Wii bandwagon (and at the same time leaping for the lives fromt he PS3's) then how can the PS3 outsell Wii?

um UT3 or Assasins Creed THIS YEAR ZOMG!!!

Whos jumping on the wii bandwagon, where are those big 3rd arty franshises ?

ToS: KoR SoL FFCC: TCB Z&W DQS CMS NMH TM: NB Only a couple. Want more?

BIg franchises not spin offs.

Soriku said:
Plus Hus, quality Wii games take 1-3 years to complete.
 And what are those quality wii games ? that were doen in a year ?

Do you like think Insominads had  5 years to finish Resistance ?

@People defending the Wii:
I said name PROVEN SYSTEM sellers lets say to the level of.......GTA or is that too big for your little Wii to overcome.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

But spin-offs are still games. Like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest aren't proven franchises.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network
mitsuhide said:
Bursche said:
mitsuhide said:
PS3 twice the price of an X360 yet selling the same.PS3 twice the price of PS2 but selling quite well dispite this.The Wii is less than half the price of the PS3 so its only normal that the Wii will sell better but name a Thirdparty majorly proven franchise on the Wii that has consistently high sales and shifts consoles......thats right there isnt one yet(and Soriku dont say KH3 it hasnt been announced it doesnt count).

Name one that has been released for PS3 that is 3rd party that moves systems. OH wait there hasnt been one. ZOMG THERE WONT EVEN BE ONE THIS YEAR. Only Microsoft has fantastic 3rd party at this point.

Nintendo has proven that even if they arent supported, they can support themselves. Add that to the fact everyone is jumping on the Wii bandwagon (and at the same time leaping for the lives fromt he PS3's) then how can the PS3 outsell Wii?

MS needs the 3rd partys to stay in the game.Sony and Nintendo doesnt need them they both have very good 1st party support.I didnt say released i am saying announced and PS3 has 2 of the biggest franchise ever FF and MGS plus the 5th biggest(i think) 1st party title GT.

Have you seen Sony's 1st party lineup this year its massive and next years is big too.

Microsoft has decent 1st party. And unless PS3 can pass 360 in the next 12, xbox 360 is going to get (at least, if not certainly more) the 3rd party support it needs to survive.

Why is everyone ignoring me? :(

Resistance is second party not first.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

If you look at 2007 sales numbers this is what you get:

North America
Wii: 3,214,137 (52%)
XBox 360: 1,799,866 (29%)
PS3: 1,163,127 (19%)

Japan
Wii: 2,484,337 (76%)
PS3: 656,263 (20%)
XBox 360: 147,952 (4%)

Others:
Wii: 2,197,038 (50%)
PS3: 1,352,409 (30%)
XBox 360: 906,188 (20%)

Worldwide:
Wii: 57%
XBox 360: 20%
PS3: 23%

Now if you adjust sales to take away the "launch boost" numbers for the PS3 in the Others region you end up with the Wii taking (roughly) 60% of the market with serious supply constraints and the XBox 360 and PS3 sitting at (roughly) 20% ...

If it were me, I'd wait till this time next year before we can decide the fate of PS3. By that point, most of Sony's firepower will be spent and if it doesn't have a significant impact on sale, my belief is that the system will be doomed to third.

Anyway, here are my predictions, assuming that significant changes in sales does not happen to the PS3

Wii- 60%
360- 22.5%
PS3- 17.5%

Submit to the deliciousness of the MAD COW BEEF!