By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict the percent (%) of market share for the Wii, PS3, 360 by gen's end

Ok, no offense, but you Nintendo fanboys are starting to pout. Just because you're frustrated and you've been arguing for a while doesn't mean you have to get childish and rude.

Not that they're the only ones here...

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Hus stop before you get banned.

Stop what, iam not insulting any one here.  So you think me sticking to my opinon will = a ban ?

Hus said:
Final-Fan said:
Hus said:
Final-Fan said:
Hus said:
scotland yard said:
Hus said:
Final-Fan said:
Hus said:
Soriku said:
Hus said:
Soriku said:

Only one Nintendo game broke 10 mill in the last two console gens, NO Metroid or Zelda has ever sold 10 million. Over all franchise sales yes, if going by franchise sales you have to include MGS and FF.

NVM sorry hus

yahh read before you post.

#1 I am capable of apologizing; you are apparently not. Don't mock your betters.

#2 I still destroyed you on your previous points. Don't throw stones just because someone else is wrong ONCE.

To bad i did not quote all those insults, a ban would have been good.

destroyed LMAO.

So refute the argument I refer to:

" I would like to meet the person(s) who deny that GTA was a phenomenal force on the PS2, so that I can bitch-slap him with some facts. Fact: GTA has the 1st, 2nd, and 4th top selling games on the PS2 (sez Wikipedia).

"Fact: The games you listed are all awesome and mostly exclusive to the PS3" [edit:  Sony]
"Fact: The games I listed are all awesome and all exclusive to Nintendo.
"Fact: The Wii is selling over a million per month WW and production has still not caught up with demand.
"Fact: The PS3 is selling less than 10% of that figure.
"Completely Reasonable and Utterly Well-Founded Opinion and Understatement: The Wii will continue to sell better than the PS3.

"Non-Fact-Based and Unpopular Opinion: Gran Turismo is the greatest game of all time. "Greateset of all time, n64 did not have GT so how could it save it ?"

"Completely Unsupported, Fact-Ignoring, Psycho Opinion: "PS3 60% Wii 30% 360 10%"

"That is the meaning of my advice. "Brag about stuff that's true" GTA is awesome "not stuff that's false" GT or GTA is the best game ever "predict stuff that's likely" PS3 sales will take off in 2008 and probably beat 360 WW "not stuff that's unlikely" PS3 will start selling like uranium at a dictator convention and mop the floor with the Wii starting in 2009

"The PS3 will not, CAN not, outsell the Wii. It can outsell the 360. Shoot for the target you can hit."

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:

I would like to meet the person(s) who deny that GTA was a phenomenal force on the PS2, so that I can bitch-slap him with some facts. Fact: GTA has the 1st, 2nd, and 4th top selling games on the PS2 (sez Wikipedia).

Fact: The games you listed are all awesome and mostly exclusive to the PS3
Fact: The games I listed are all awesome and all exclusive to Nintendo.
Fact: The Wii is selling over a million per month WW and production has still not caught up with demand.
Fact: The PS3 is selling less than 10% of that figure.
Completely Reasonable and Utterly Well-Founded Opinion and Understatement: The Wii will continue to sell better than the PS3.

Non-Fact-Based and Unpopular Opinion: Gran Turismo is the greatest game of all time. "Greateset of all time, n64 did not have GT so how could it save it ?"

Completely Unsupported, Fact-Ignoring, Psycho Opinion: "PS3 60% Wii 30% 360 10%"

That is the meaning of my advice. "Brag about stuff that's true" GTA is awesome "not stuff that's false" GT or GTA is the best game ever "predict stuff that's likely" PS3 sales will take off in 2008 and probably beat 360 WW "not stuff that's unlikely" PS3 will start selling like uranium at a dictator convention and mop the floor with the Wii starting in 2009

The PS3 will not, CAN not, outsell the Wii. It can outsell the 360. Shoot for the target you can hit.

Good post.  Unless there was something edited out that I missed I think it would be interesting for Hus to respond to it. 

I think anyone looking at the situation objectively and with all the facts and prior industry history can plainly see that everything you said here is either a fact or extremely well founded.  I especially liked how you labeled what was what to make it easy to understand

To Each Man, Responsibility

Motion controls can make games better because it is more immersive than pushing buttons.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

"Fact: The Wii is selling over a million per month WW and production has still not caught up with demand.
"Fact: The PS3 is selling less than 10% of that figure.

LMFAO

Fact thats WRONG.
Fact your are not good at math

Hus seriously chill out.

mM

You're an idiot Hus. Those two quotes were directed at two different issues.

""Fact: The Wii is selling over a million per month WW and production has still not caught up with demand." TRUE

This was the sales between the PS3 and PS2 "Fact: The PS3 is selling less than 10% of that figure." TRUE

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Well I must say I'm pleasantly suprised at just how long it took such a thread to descend into madness. But now that it has, I've got to do my modly thing. Things seem pretty even in the who'se at fault, so I'm just going to lock down the thread.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

dtewi said:
You're an idiot Hus. Those two quotes were directed at two different issues.

""Fact: The Wii is selling over a million per month WW and production has still not caught up with demand." TRUE

This was the sales between the PS3 and PS2 "Fact: The PS3 is selling less than 10% of that figure." TRUE

if you dont get a ban, that just proves the bias of this site.

Tell me dtewi, when did PS2 sale +3 million a month ? and no xmas months, we dont know what PS3 will do at that time.