By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Madworld not selling confirmed

I remember a thread saying that call of duty WAW wii had flopped. Give madworld some time it will reach a million. mark my words.

Wichdog69

Around the Network
jefforange89 said:
Of course, "hardcore" games don't sell on Wii. Just ask Brawl, SMG, Twilight Princess, RE4, RE: UC, Mario Kart Wii, Red Steel, COD5, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime 3, as well as a ton of others!

That hardcore/casual bullcrap is getting annoying and pointless.

I know, I absolutely loathe differentiating games like that, especially since some of the so-called "hardcore" games are really more "casual" than so-called "casual" games.

I suppose it also doesn't help that some people use casual games synonymously with shovelware.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Ryudo said:
YesWiiCan said:
I bet the sequel will sell better if they make it other with mutliplayer and online and fix the camera.

I would be surprised if they made a sequel.  Even if something sells well enough. The ex clover side deveopers are usually not fans of that sorta thing,they like new IP's and trying new things.(Viewtiful Joe only did because Capcom told them to and RE and DMC asked for sequels)

Plus Madworld is not a game that needs a sequel. Some games beg for a sequel as it has a deep story and left loopholes or a cliffhanger but Madworld is one to be a single game.

However I do hope they bring more games to Wii in the future just something new.

While I'm looking for more original IP from Plainum Games, it would be nice to have Viewtiful Joe in 3D (like Madworld kind of 3D).

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Sick of the casual / hardcore debate you say???? How about this post on the Madworld wall by a delusional member.

Gilgamesh posted 19/03/2009, 06:14
I guess that just proves how much the Wii is a "Casual" machine.

Around the Network

if it dnt do well on the wii, they should hd it and bring it to the 360 & ps3 where people will appreciate it.

Fei-Hung said:
if it dnt do well on the wii, they should hd it and bring it to the 360 & ps3 where people will appreciate it.

or HD owners can stop being cheap bastards and buy a Wii and own dual consoles. The reason I say this is because:

example:

Wii Owners: "We want RE5 on Wii with Wii controls blah blah blah blah"

HD Onwers:"Buy a HD console, then. RE5 is only a HD game blah blah blah blah"

Well I have both a HD console and a Wii, therefore unlike the people sitting on one side of the fence, do the same buy another console and stop your bitching that Wii owners will not appreciate the game.

There are 50 million Wii's almost sold. Considering the gamecube sold about 20million about 15million of that would of been the so called "hardcore gamers and nintendo fans" So would it be so far fetched to think that there is at least 5-10 million Wii owners who are actual gamers?

On that basis MadWorld has a market. In theory if the game is good, prices right it will sell over a million copies. SIMPLE.

Praise a game that sold 60k New IP in America but say LBP sold decent at 110k New IP with smaller install base. I see what a lot of people did there. Lair did 73k first week in America with even smaller install base lol. We will have to wait and see if Madworld does in fact have legs or not.

I hope it does. :D

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

NanakiXI said:
Praise a game that sold 60k New IP in America but say LBP sold decent at 110k New IP with smaller install base. I see what a lot of people did there. Lair did 73k first week in America with even smaller install base lol. We will have to wait and see if Madworld does in fact have legs or not.

I hope it does. :D

Yes but Madworld was not hyped up to be the saviour of a console......

Plus stylized games like this never really sell this good.

Really? I think 57k first week in just US was pretty good. A bit better than I expected.