By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Madworld not selling confirmed

360/PS3 versions of the game would sell more, Wii isnt bought by many hardcore gamers.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

Around the Network

You know what I miss about those old beat em ups. They were solid multiplayer games. Wii(we, us) is a multiplayer console. hmm I wonder if something is missing.

I agree with ZombLEET. The offerings for the Wii in regards to the aging game focus just isn't with the newer trend of gaming. They like the old style sitting in there dim lounges playing the uppercrust of games.

With that in mind. I don't see any flood of these games coming enough to sway this hardcore! group enough to make the Wii a viable harcore machine. Unless of course something like GTA:CTW Wii game out.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

YesWiiCan said:
I bet the sequel will sell better if they make it other with mutliplayer and online and fix the camera.

I would be surprised if they made a sequel.  Even if something sells well enough. The ex clover side deveopers are usually not fans of that sorta thing,they like new IP's and trying new things.(Viewtiful Joe only did because Capcom told them to and RE and DMC asked for sequels)

Plus Madworld is not a game that needs a sequel. Some games beg for a sequel as it has a deep story and left loopholes or a cliffhanger but Madworld is one to be a single game.

However I do hope they bring more games to Wii in the future just something new.

kevin the wiiite said:

based on the first week sales, about 50k, and a recent talk with a gamestop employee, madoworld seems to have flopped and/or not sold well.  Here's how the conversation went.

This thread fails right out of the gate.  Gamestop employees are as knowledgable about gaming as Pro-Life zealots are about the abortion process.

Thus, this thread gets the official stamp -

i dont have it yet, but i will very soon

definetly next wii game for me. unless im lazy, dont buy it for a while, and a new warioware comes out . . .

but yeh within the month i'll own it

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network

i hasn't flopped because it wasn't sold in 1 shop, for god's sake!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I don't see what's wrong with 57 000 sales, especially since it launched at the same time as RE5.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Zomb1337 said:
360/PS3 versions of the game would sell more, Wii isnt bought by many hardcore gamers.

Sorry but that's bullshit.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Zomb1337 said:

Sorry but that's bullshit.

I actually agree with Zomb1337 about the PS3/360 versus Wii deal.

Of course, "hardcore" games don't sell on Wii. Just ask Brawl, SMG, Twilight Princess, RE4, RE: UC, Mario Kart Wii, Red Steel, COD5, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime 3, as well as a ton of others!

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,