By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Madworld not selling confirmed

Why trust in a unkown guy on the Internet? Sorry Kevin but your point is invalid.

Around the Network
Ryudo said:
Procrastinato said:

The funny thing is, that after MadWorld's great reviews, Bayonetta has jumped much higher on my most wanted list for the coming year or two.  Platinum obviously has some serious talent.

Well when you have the creator of Resident Evil and ex Devil May Cry Talent and the makers of Okami,Godhand and Viewtiful joe,not just talented but some of the best in the industry.

You can never rely on individuals to support the entire team, though.  I have to see a team work well together, before I start  having faith in a dev's ability.  The number of hotshots that have started dismal flops in the games industry is downright staggering.

MadWorld, I believe, is Platinum's first game to hit store shelves.  The reviews bode well for them, although the sales may possibly doom them to a Looking Glass/Irrational (so many great games I don't know where to begin) fate, somewhere down the road.  Flopping, ref orming, flopping, reforming... and in the end, finally saved by a big publisher recognizing their awesome talents, and willing to do some decent advertising (end result: BioShock).

However, while MadWorld is probably too gruesome for the typical Wii owner to even consider purchasing, I think Bayonetta has a lot of potential, and is placed well in its platform demographic.

Except these guys worked together for years and produced quality so it's not like they are ex talent mixed with another company's ex talent.

All that has changed is address and company name.

So there was never any reason to doubt them.

MadWorld is doing fine... It's beating Call of Duty: World at War and that recently crossed one million, will probably truck along to close to 2 million lifetime..

I know they're different genre's etc but really.. I mean it's also doubled No More Heroes first week so there's 700 - 800k lifetime in Americas confirmed right there!

well have to see if sales hold up the next couple of weeks (since most of the stock was sold out, it's hard to tell how many people wanted to get it but couldn't find a copy.)

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Around the Network

Initial sales are exactly what I thought, and I'm pretty happy with them. Going to take some time for word to spread on the game...

See how the legs go

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Why people still think that the first week of sales is the definitive week for Wii games? They don't saw the Boom Blox or Call of Duty numbers?

alfredofroylan said:
Why people still think that the first week of sales is the definitive week for Wii games? They don't saw the Boom Blox or Call of Duty numbers?

Because they are used to basing everything off of first-week numbers for Xbox 360 and PS3.

I would have liked to have seen more ... but I have not bought it yet. So I might be part of the problem. I spent this week's big spalsh on DK Barrel Blast (used) -- because I wanted to see how bad it really was. (My guess is that it would have been great on the GC).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

For those who think that 57k is a failure, that is about 2k more than HAWX for Xbox 360 sold its first week.

While not quite as hyped, that game has received plenty of promotion.

Mike from Morgantown

Trying to offer some perspective.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I bet the sequel will sell better if they make it other with mutliplayer and online and fix the camera.