By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Madworld not selling confirmed

thekitchensink said:
To be honest those numbers are fairly in line with a lot of predictions on here (though sadly, not mine). Hopefully the sales can stay somewhat constant, a la Call of Duty: World at War Wii. That started out around the same amount (less?) and is now over a million and still going steadily.

I thought that was because they were finally started advertising it.

I read a thread were they called the game a bomb and some pages later that they finally started advertising it and the sales went up then.

Around the Network

Why would anyone be suprised after no more heros sales? Means I have to pick this one up before it goes out of print too.

Another Wii release doesn't open big. Another user declares a flop.

When will you gun jumpers ever learn?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

It is not all bad news for Madworld.

57k first week for Madworld is Sega's biggest launch week for a console game in NA for the past year. Only M&S at the Olypmics (DS) at 65,077 and Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (DS) at 58,645, had better opening weeks in 08 or 09 for Sega.

The reason that I think, that if it does not sell is because it is so damn violent. Not many people can handle a game like Madworld because of the violence. But since it is in black and white and has more of a comic book feel to it, it could sell a lot. That is how i see it, from my view and that would make perfect sense.

Around the Network

haha at trusting a gamestop employee and double haha just for even walking in that place.

It's a niche game on a system not having a rep for violent games(even though it has quite a few) Even as clover studios under capcom most their games even great never sold greatly well,only one title got a sequel.

But hey the marketing in the UK is far better than what we got in the US,I am hoping it pays off more in the UK plus it may be a title with some legs by word of mouth....the latter is what got Okami on Wii and some extra sales for that game.

Nearly 60k in the US isn't to bad esp for what is technically a rookie game.

SaviorX said:
Why does everyone cosign anecdotal evidence?

Exactly. They nearly sold through their shipment and one week of sales does not tell you how well it's going todo in the long run.  All the skeptics need to take a step back and wait several weeks before they try to go "HA!"

360 Tag - narfwack

Why do people expect great sales from MadWorld? The game has an excess gore gimmick to it, which doesn't fit the target market for the Wii.

confirmed? lol

I'll wait till the numbers come up before I trust some GS employee :P.