By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Madworld not selling confirmed

SleepWaking said:
NanakiXI said:
Praise a game that sold 60k New IP in America but say LBP sold decent at 110k New IP with smaller install base. I see what a lot of people did there. Lair did 73k first week in America with even smaller install base lol. We will have to wait and see if Madworld does in fact have legs or not.

I hope it does. :D

Yes but Madworld was not hyped up to be the saviour of a console......

Plus stylized games like this never really sell this good.

Yes I understand but it is the Fanboys I can't stand. I know I should just get over it but it is almost too much fun to argue with them. Honestly I saw more commercials for Madworld than I did KZ2. It was about the same as Halo Wars at least on the stations I watched.

I know it wasn't supposed to be the savior of a console but people acted like this was going to sell 300,000+ in America alone on this site. It will sell decent but looking at NMH it might not be the case.

All you PS3/360/Wii fanboys are just retards really. The best thing you can do is pull your head out of your ass and realize the world doesn't revolve around your system. Some games(things) will fail and some will not. That is the way of the world, get used to it.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Really? I think 57k first week in just US was pretty good. A bit better than I expected.

It is pretty damn good but it could have done more. Internet hype does not = Sales is my whole point. Fanbots suck period.

You would have thought from the hype on the internet that Halo Wars and KZ2 would have sold 1mil first day but it didn't happen.

The truth is no one can know how a game will sell unless it is the new Halo or CoD shooter or Madden. Plus new Nintendo 1st party games since it seems that Nintendo has the Luck of the Irish.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

mike_intellivision said:
For those who think that 57k is a failure, that is about 2k more than HAWX for Xbox 360 sold its first week.

While not quite as hyped, that game has received plenty of promotion.

Mike from Morgantown

Trying to offer some perspective.

But HAWX is a failure aswell review wise and sales wise.

A game that was out for 3 days, and made it into the top ten...yeah...

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Shanobi said:

Most games are only out for a few days. That is how it works

Around the Network
NanakiXI said:
Shanobi said:

Most games are only out for a few days. That is how it works

You should say most new releases. That way, you would be right.

Amazing sales for Madworld. I predicted that it would, at most, reach 30k. Very nice indeed :)

Another way to look at it:

For every 3 people that picked up RE5 on the PS3 this week, 1 person picked up MadWorld on the Wii. Both launch weeks.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

ClaudeLv250 said:
Zomb1337 said:
360/PS3 versions of the game would sell more, Wii isnt bought by many hardcore gamers.

Sorry but that's bullshit.

Probably not true but you gotta admit that when HD owners like a title they rush to buy it, whereas if you look at this thread it seems like a lot of the hardcore Wii owners posting here are still not certain if or when they will purchase it

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

shams said:
Another way to look at it:

For every 3 people that picked up RE5 on the PS3 this week, 1 person picked up MadWorld on the Wii. Both launch weeks.

And for every person that owns a PS3 there are 3 that owns a Wii in NA, so that's a week one attach rate 1/9th smaller.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Lostplanet22 said:
mike_intellivision said:
For those who think that 57k is a failure, that is about 2k more than HAWX for Xbox 360 sold its first week.

While not quite as hyped, that game has received plenty of promotion.

Mike from Morgantown

Trying to offer some perspective.

But HAWX is a failure aswell review wise and sales wise.

It's also a bigger budget game on a coveted "hardcore" console that apparently can sell tons of any and every game depending on the argument.

Though I have to wonder if in Ubi's case, they're going to bail on the Wi version of HAWX becuse of the underperformance of the PS360 versions.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"