By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles DLC revealed

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=210845

"Just as we were beginning to think that Sega had forgot about the excellent PS3 strategy-RPG, Valkyria Chronicles, the firm's confirmed new content is coming soon.

"The three new packs include Hard EX Mode, Edy's Mission 'Enter the Edy Detachment', and Selvaria's Mission 'Behind Her Blue Flame'," Sega tells us, adding, "Each of the three new packs will supply players with a brand new experience."

Here's the official word:

• Hard EX Mode - fight your way once more through the entire Imperial army, where the enemies are more lethal and your main tank Edelweiss is unavailable. You'll have to be more strategic in order to overcome your opponents.

• Edy's Mission "Enter the Edy Detachment" - six members have been separated from Squad 7 and on their journey to reunite with the squad, they stumble upon a tiny village under attack by the Imperial Army. Play as Edy and command your outnumbered team to defend the small village from annihilation.

• Selvaria's Mission "Behind Her Blue Flame" - this mission takes place right after the outbreak of Gallian battle lines and you play as Johann, a young and meek engineer, assigned to Selvaria's troop. See the action as it unfolds behind enemy lines and see the war play out through the eyes of the enemy.

Valkyria Chronicles is awesome but not nearly enough of the PS3 owning public picked it up. Do yourself a favour."

------------------------------------------------------

Sweet! But playing without the Edelweiss is a scary thought, but I might have to try it for the challenge.

Around the Network

Awesome! Although I would have loved a date.

Playing on the side of the Imperial Army is going to be sweet.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

And yet, no trophies? =/

I know someone who is gonna be so happy to hear this

blackstar said:

Yeah. Where is Outlawauron?!!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
blackstar said:

Yeah. Where is Outlawauron?!!

Pardon me! I'm in class.

I'm glad to know that we have confirmation that it's coming!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Do we know the japanese prices for this? Or is it free?

They doesn't seem like the biggest of DLC packs, so I doubt they will be expensive.

Now all we need is a release date and I'll be happy. Tell me what day to circle on my calender Sega.

Rainbird said:
Do we know the japanese prices for this? Or is it free?

They doesn't seem like the biggest of DLC packs, so I doubt they will be expensive.

Well, the EX Hard mode will be $2. The Edy pack will be $5, and the Selvaria pack will be $8.

Just my guess.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Nice. Hope they pack them all together for 9.99 or something like that.