By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do the new 360s still RROD?

If you can surely get a Jasper. Go for it. If not, better wait until Valhalla arrives.

@halogamer
My console is even older and it didn't RROD once !!! (Yeah I know I'm great ) ^^

Around the Network

No

Your lucky Barozi! What month/year is yours?

i think it still happens but it as a rariety since the falcon units. Go get one dont worry bout RROD. if it happens just send it in to M$. they will fix it for free

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

RRoD is more like 10-15% instead of the inital 30-40%.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

Around the Network

I don't know if it's as reliable as the Wii and PS3, but it sure seems like the RROD is not a big deal anymore.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The cause of RRoD is because of an over-sized gpu/cpu. When MS released the Falcon, they reduced the size of the cpu, which caused the failure rate to be reduced to 10 percent. However, the reason why 360s got the red lights is because of the over-sized gpu. So since the gpu got reduced in size, the odds of a 360 overheating is the same as a ps3 or Wii overheating, slim-to-none. I would say they're as safe as the other consoles now.

halogamer1989 said:
Your lucky Barozi! What month/year is yours?

07/2006

My brother even has a launch unit and well the drive won't open correctly when there is no game in the tray (only god knows why), but besides that it never RROD'd.

Yep, it still exists but at least there is the 3 year warranty compared to the PS3's I year warranty. On the other hand your XB is more likely to break. I have had a broken XBOX which was fixed for free and have a broken PS3 which was outside of the 1 year warranty, which is pretty much useless unless I wanna spend $150 to fix it.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

@twesterm

Well in my experience, I haven't known of a single one who hasn't died yet, owned by people I know personally (that's around 20). Sure, some of them recently got repaired/bought new Jasper model/etc, and only time will tell, some of them are on the 2nd or 3rd console (2 very close friends are on their 3rd). I've been very tempted to buy one, VERY.

But I always end with a mental blockage that won't let me spend my money on this product I see failing everywhere, 'cause I know in my heart I just won't be able to stand and take a hit even more stronger than a hit to my wallet, a hit to my pride! And point the finger at myself saying : F^%! I knew it! I told you so! No thank you, I value my investments and my pride more than that. I'll let MS stop putting their garbage on the shelves before I can buy a new one with a clear conscience. In the meantime, there are other options, and I'm not in a hurry to let anyone take me for a fool.