By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do the new 360s still RROD?

Instead of anecdotal evidence, "no, it doesn't happen anymore because I like the 360", "yes, it does happen because I don't like the 360", "all consoles break and I don't know the difference between 0.8% and 30%", "they changed something so it's fixed", "they are greedy so it will never be fixed"...

shouldn't a link to actual statistics be the only acceptable answer?

And if no such data are published yet,because it's too soon, shouldn't the only honest answer be: "surely a decreased chance, but we don't know how much"?

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Around the Network

Who cares if it still RRoD?

If it happens:

1. You request a RMA online 24h/24 7 days a week (Xbox.com)

2. You print your shipping label immediately and you ship your console the same day (you keep your hard drive at home).

3. 3 days later (my own experience), you receive your replacement console at your home.

4. They give you 1 Month Xbox Live Gold card for the waiting.

Never took the phone...
Never had to explain anything.

People who cry about RRoD are funny!

My Gaming Setup

RRoD is not overheating issue. When a 360 overheats it gets 2 blink reds but still works after cooldown.

The normal RRoD, aka in the Xenos/Zelphyr days, is strange type of desoldering of the GPU due to the lost of pressure from the heatsink. That's why you can temporarly or permanetly fic it with stuf like X-clamp fix.

The desoldering problem is due to heating but not overheating. ATI had had the same problem with som Radeon lines.

The Falcon got an over all reduction of heat combined with better quality of the steel shell and clamp and some glue. Works like a sharm.

With Jasper, the old type of problems are gone but as one said consoles still breaks and the code is still 3 blinking lamps.

Did some home testing on my Jasper. Runs for 7 minutes without fans playing Halo Wars, much impressive, then it overheats:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huos9WIQ4OM

Predictions for 2009:

360: 39-42 PS3: 31-34 Wii: 67-70

Future projection

Wii will hit 100 million before christmas 2010 (made december 2008)

NDS Family will have sold and shipped more then PS2 at the end of 2009 (made january 2009)

BTW, how r u supposed to know which 360 u are getting? Say i walk into a store to buy one, how can i tell if it is a Jasper or an older model?

Neoraf said:

If it happens:

2. You print your shipping label immediately and you ship your console the same day (you keep your hard drive at home).

3. 3 days later (my own experience), you receive your replacement console at your home.

Never took the phone...

this is only true for the US And certain markets.

360 doesn't have a  international warranty.

Around the Network
arsenal009 said:
BTW, how r u supposed to know which 360 u are getting? Say i walk into a store to buy one, how can i tell if it is a Jasper or an older model?

http://forums.xbox.com/24344540/ShowPost.aspx

WereKitten said:
Instead of anecdotal evidence, "no, it doesn't happen anymore because I like the 360", "yes, it does happen because I don't like the 360", "all consoles break and I don't know the difference between 0.8% and 30%", "they changed something so it's fixed", "they are greedy so it will never be fixed"...

shouldn't a link to actual statistics be the only acceptable answer?

And if no such data are published yet,because it's too soon, shouldn't the only honest answer be: "surely a decreased chance, but we don't know how much"?

This is the FTW qoute of the year lol. Unfortunately, much like Lost and the Damned sales we will never know the real number of RROD. I just go by what I have seen from my friends which is 1/5 360's get RROD. Thus far I don't know anyone who has had a PS3 fail on them.

Neoraf said:

If it happens:

Never took the phone...

Or you can just get a PS3 and not worry abouRROD or online gaming fees. Seriously you get what you pay for.

Zomb1337 said:
RRoD is more like 10-15% instead of the inital 30-40%.

Do you have a source to back up this claim?

Megadude said:
Neoraf said:

If it happens:

Never took the phone...

Or you can just get a PS3 and not worry abouRROD or online gaming fees. Seriously you get what you pay for.

How does this response answer the thread question? There are plenty of other threads you can try and convince people in wasting money on a PS3 - Sony forum says hi.