By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do the new 360s still RROD?

My Elite Falcon died! Not full RROD just the GPU.

New Jaspers are supposed to be trouble free in comparison to all previous revisions!

Valhallas are rumoured to be a combined 65nm CPU and GPU which will reduce heat and noise output!

Around the Network

The RRoD does exactly what it's supposed to do: let you know your console is in need of repair. Every console can break, so the RRoD will never go away. However, the underlying problem which caused most RRoD malfunctions appears to have been fixed. There's no way of knowing for sure until the Jaspers have been out for a few years, but even Falcons had drastically reduced failure rates.

Again, there's no way to know for sure - but anecdotal evidence suggests that the failure rate for the new 360s is similar to the failure rate for the PS3 and the Wii. Try googling "YLoD" if you think PS3s can't break.

Stan85 said:
halogamer1989 said:
Yes but RROD does not happen as often. @Stan: So Valhalla is confirmed for Sept time-frame? My 360 2RRd again and I was thinking of picking up a Valhalla. Mine is an 9/06 Xenon after all.

September-october in shops,it depends on consumer demand. But you still have a `06 console? Sweet...if you are out of warranty,do the x-clamp fix,but i think you still have the 3 years warranty

I opened it around Fall of 07 to fix the DVD drive problem then it RRODd on me and I did and X-Clamp fix and now it has the 2RR overheating problem.  I reopened it and cleaned and reapplied Arctic Silver 5 but it is still broken.  It is all b/c of the lead-free solder TSMC pos MSFT just had to use...

Let`s see...we have 2 people that say yes...one with MGS4 avatar,and the other with Valkyria Chronicles...hmm...

I haven`t seen any Jasper 360 rrod,and Falcon rrod are very rare. Keep in mind that with the Jaspers the gpu received a silicon respin,making it strong against rrod. The Falcon received some glue and the usual smaller size,but it worked.

The thing that will help you sleep at night is the 3 years warranty. I don`t know how ps3 users sleep with only 1 year warranty,the bluray laser is not that bullet proof.

Technically, no. It's only a new X360 if it's not been used yet and there's no way for it to RRoD without being first used. So a new X360 can only RRoD after it has been used, at which point it is no longer a NEW X360, but a USED one.

/thread

Around the Network

The console is about as reliable as a PS3 or Wii at this point.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
The console is about as reliable as a PS3 or Wii at this point.

Trust this man.

/thread

you should not worry you have a 3 year warranty, so there is a piece of mind

65nm CPU and a 65nm GPU a less heat console now. Heck no the new 360's are more reliable than the first batch of consoles that were released at launch.

People need to get that RROD thing out there head and actually just go buy the console.

I've noticed that most returns recently (from the christmas batch) are one light of death cases. You still get quite a few RROD but the one light of death probably puts the numbers back up tbh.

Edit: to be clear, the one light of death usually means an imminent E74 error