By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do the new 360s still RROD?

Hey,

I'm thinking of getting a 360 but my friend tells me they still RROD.  He says all Microsoft did was improve the cooling a bit but eventually they will get too hot & overheat anyway.  Basically he's saying it just takes longer now to RROD than before.  Is this true?

Around the Network

It still exists, it has just been drastically reduced.

Any console can break.

Now if you want to ask the better question: has the risk of the RRoD been greatly reduced in the newer versions then the answer is yes.

Also, there's always that nice little three year warranty. If your console lasts three years you probably have a winner. It can still break but it's probably going to break because of age (like any console will) or something you did.

Yeah, I don't think it's nearly as bad as it was. The RRoD was one of the things keeping me from getting a 360, but they've fixed that with the new hardware, and the 3 year warranty. Now, the only thing holding me back is a serious lack of money. >_

Necromunda said:
It still exists, it has just been drastically reduced.

Keep that word in your head..."drastically"... you also have the 3 year warranty...

Now,if you can hold your purchase...I recommend you buying a 360 in august-september,when the cpu-gpu chip will come and eliminate this rrod nightmare.

After 4 years...it was time.

Around the Network

Yes but RROD does not happen as often. @Stan: So Valhalla is confirmed for Sept time-frame? My 360 2RRd again and I was thinking of picking up a Valhalla. Mine is an 9/06 Xenon after all.

halogamer1989 said:
Yes but RROD does not happen as often. @Stan: So Valhalla is confirmed for Sept time-frame? My 360 2RRd again and I was thinking of picking up a Valhalla. Mine is an 9/06 Xenon after all.

September-october in shops,it depends on consumer demand. But you still have a `06 console? Sweet...if you are out of warranty,do the x-clamp fix,but i think you still have the 3 years warranty

I think the answer he's looking for is :

YES.

reduced, whatever, it happens. It's not fixed, Aaron Greenberg himself confirmed it still happens.

@twesterm: Yes everything breaks, but all hell be damned if something I KNOW WILL BREAK breaks on me!

YES!!! IT'S STILL DOES!!!

Magnific0 said:
I think the answer he's looking for is :

YES.

reduced, whatever, it happens. It's not fixed, Aaron Greenberg himself confirmed it still happens.

@twesterm: Yes everything breaks, but all hell be damned if something I KNOW WILL BREAK breaks on me!

Yeah, but like I said, all consoles can break.

I know a pretty good number of people that have had their Wii's stop reading discs and of the 80 people that received a PS3 all at the same time 10 people have had theirs break with most of those happening after the 1 year warranty was up.

And you don't know the 360 will break.  I have a 2006 360 and it still works fine and I'm not really too worried about it.