By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Conservative Christian Site Slams Same-Sex Couple Option in Game of Life

arsenicazure said:
madskillz.. i dont think its a matter of choice..anyhow.. wht useful, relevant comment has the church made in the last 25 yrs that has made a difference..

This comment.

Around the Network

This is very disturbing. I don't know why hollywood and other social elitists continue to glorify homosexuals and their behaviors. They almost make sound fun to be gay, like it is the best thing since edible panties.

I have nothing against gay people but why must we have this propaganda shoved down our throats every day?

I said I don't know the correct way to do things on that subject. Blanket statements are both silly and stupid. Of course any bill I would support would have exclusions for such cases as health and probably rape. Lets not go into Health though, trickier to navigate than rape...

CMoney said:
This is very disturbing. I don't know why hollywood and other social elitists continue to glorify homosexuals and their behaviors. They almost make sound fun to be gay, like it is the best thing since edible panties.

I have nothing against gay people but why must we have this propaganda shoved down our throats every day?

+1

I, too, am tired of having edible panties shoved down my throat every day. Knock it off, ladies!

Oi, I couldn't help but to post in here again, i'm sorry. But vlad321, you just don't get it. The reason why Christians try to get people to stop doing what they think is wrong is because they actually care about other people. They're aren't merely imposing their views on the world. That's not how they think, and it's not how they work.

What I'm saying is that you are wrong becuase you don't understand what you are talking about, and so it isn't your fault that you are wrong, but rather that you have limited knowledge about the subjects of the matter. The Christian thinking is different than what you think it is. If someone you loved, like your mother or father or child or whatever started thinking about suicide, or ways to destroy themself, wouldn't you try to stop them? Wouldn't you tell them it's wrong, even if they don't know it's wrong, even if they think it's right? If your little baby boy wanted so badly to stick his finger in the electrical socket or eat those small beads wouldn't you do whatever you could to stop him, and teach him and tell him that it's wrong despite the crying protests of the baby whose pulled away from his desires? Any sane person would. And why? Because you love them.

The thing with Christians is that they can love people who don't even have much to do with them. They can love people who can and will betray them, because that is what God does, that is what Christ does, and that is what Christians seek to emulate and follow. A Christian who doesn't care about the lives of others is a Christian who doesn't love the lives of others. You are told to love people as you love yourself and as you love God himself. Not caring about them is crazy, it's wicked.

As long as there is a Christian who actually cares about people rather than being self-centered like most humans are, by nature, then there will always be someone to cry out against the things that are wrong. Now whether or not you believe homosexuality or whatever is wrong can be entirely up to what you believe, but Christians are against homosexuality, and if you have any sense of American Democracy in you, you should at least grant them the right to speak and believe what they want. If you want Christians to "shut the **** up" than maybe you should prove them wrong or kill them all. Until then you'll be hearing a lot of Christians...

Around the Network
CMoney said:

I agree with this. While I don't care what they do and how they do it, they are swinging the other way. Just as my STFU statement applies to the anti-gays it too applies to everyone who thinks it's the best thing to happen to the world. I don't hate homosexuals, I hate the homosexuals who act like that.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Serapheart, it is just as fallacious to assume any sort of homogeneous views amongst different Christian sects. No two denominations have exactly the same interpretation of the Bible, attitude towards sinner, or even attitude toward sin itself.

"Christian" is not a catch-all term which describes the philosophy of every person who calls themselves that. Let's not mince words, here.

Damn, why can't Christians just keep their mouthes closed and stop making themselves look even more idiotic than they already are!

madskillz said:
arsenicazure said:
madskillz.. i dont think its a matter of choice..anyhow.. wht useful, relevant comment has the church made in the last 25 yrs that has made a difference..

This comment.

Yup that about sums up a lot of ppl's view. Actually though from what I hear that week long challenge changed ppl's views on the matter. It brought the marriage closer together in various ways, but most noteably (IMHO) is you are going to stop thinking about yourself and try to think of your spouse. Brings a new level of closeness.

Serapheart said:

Oi, I couldn't help but to post in here again, i'm sorry. But vlad321, you just don't get it. The reason why Christians try to get people to stop doing what they think is wrong is because they actually care about other people. They're aren't merely imposing their views on the world. That's not how they think, and it's not how they work.

What I'm saying is that you are wrong becuase you don't understand what you are talking about, and so it isn't your fault that you are wrong, but rather that you have limited knowledge about the subjects of the matter. The Christian thinking is different than what you think it is. If someone you loved, like your mother or father or child or whatever started thinking about suicide, or ways to destroy themself, wouldn't you try to stop them? Wouldn't you tell them it's wrong, even if they don't know it's wrong, even if they think it's right? If your little baby boy wanted so badly to stick his finger in the electrical socket or eat those small beads wouldn't you do whatever you could to stop him, and teach him and tell him that it's wrong despite the crying protests of the baby whose pulled away from his desires? Any sane person would. And why? Because you love them.

The thing with Christians is that they can love people who don't even have much to do with them. They can love people who can and will betray them, because that is what God does, that is what Christ does, and that is what Christians seek to emulate and follow. A Christian who doesn't care about the lives of others is a Christian who doesn't love the lives of others. You are told to love people as you love yourself and as you love God himself. Not caring about them is crazy, it's wicked.

As long as there is a Christian who actually cares about people rather than being self-centered like most humans are, by nature, then there will always be someone to cry out against the things that are wrong. Now whether or not you believe homosexuality or whatever is wrong can be entirely up to what you believe, but Christians are against homosexuality, and if you have any sense of American Democracy in you, you should at least grant them the right to speak and believe what they want. If you want Christians to "shut the **** up" than maybe you should prove them wrong or kill them all. Until then you'll be hearing a lot of Christians...

Well your whole argument would be extremely valid and would make me shut up if it wasn't for that underlined part. If Christians really did what God does, then the world would be a much nicer place. I don't know about you, but I have nmot met, nor even HEARD, of anyone doing only what God does. I'm sorry to say, but you can't have one thing and not the other. Unless Christians do only what God does, then yes, what you say is true. Too bad they don't, hence hey jsut need to stfu with their arrogant high and mighty speeches and beliefs.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835