By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Conservative Christian Site Slams Same-Sex Couple Option in Game of Life

I think the american christian right's obsession with sex is rather misplaced. The US is a very backwards country in that violence can be portrayed in extremely gruesome ways, but the human body is taboo. It is sooner more acceptable for a man to shoot another man in the face on TV than it is for him to kiss that man out of love. Even the conservative christian guy in here defending it has "Buy madworld" as his signature.

Why should christians care about perfectly harmonious things that don't hurt anyone, while actively perpetuating a violence culture that is demonstrably worse for society in every conceivable way?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

madskillz.. i dont think its a matter of choice..anyhow.. wht useful, relevant comment has the church made in the last 25 yrs that has made a difference..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

I don't know what is more pathetic. The fact that Conservative Christians don't want same sex marriage in a game or the fact that they still actually believe in an all powerful deity.

FSM is your way to the truth.

rAmen

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Stephen Henry Roberts

Serapheart said:

You too are wrong, simply because you are just ignorant of who or what a Christian is, let alone a Conservative. Explaining why a Christian denounces sin is a long an tedious task, especially to those who don't care or don't want to listen, so I'm not even going to bother replying to you in full, unless of course you'd like me to.

Well I was raised in a catholic family so I know what a Christian is but I don't see the sin in being in a same-sex relationship.

Signature goes here!

Well let me just say I don't give a fuck about your "debating" skills. If a person choose to hate gay people its for no good reason, try to tell yourself there is but there isn't.

Its nothing but ignorance and hate ... but please, reply with another 2 paragraphs of well worded shit but I'm not going to read.

Wow. Be mindful that while i may be replying to you in an A and B conversation, this is a public forum. Because I know that anyone in the world can potentially read, understand and even comment on what I'm saying, I continue to state what I believe. So the ignorance now is yours, because you state your point and refuse to even listen to what others who disagree with you have to say, and now that whole world can, potentially, identify you with a coward.

It is not the nature of a Christian to hate people. A 'Christian' who hates people is hardly a Christian at all. In fact, it is those very Christians who say that "All have fall short of th glory of God" and if it were not for the Christ saving us all out of the grace of God himself, we would all perish as the filth we are. Any Christian with a brain would understand that, and they would understand that they are no better than anyone else. Only an idiot would hate people.

Christianity condemns sin, and so sin is hated because of what Christians know sin to really be. Because all of humanity are by the blood of Adam, by thier very nature, sinful, we are all creatures to be hated. But God is not a God of hate. He is a God of Love and Grace as much as he is a God of Justice and Purity. So God can now forgive us our sins so that we may come into his love with our own filth (or sin) so that we may become clean.

But how can we invite someone to become clean, free of charge, if we hate them? Rather, we hate the filth, so we seek to destroy it, and we love the people, so we seek to make them clean. A proper Christian does not hate people, they do not hate gays. They hate homosexuality, which is a sinful, filthy concept, by nature. And that's what they believe. Whether this is right or wrong can be up for debate, but the freedom to believe what you will has been a protected right in the USA up 'till this point and I'm sure that no matter what anti-Christian ideals come about, a Christian would still be protected by his own Government so that he/she may be able to believe what they know they should.

EDIT:

Well I was raised in a catholic family so I know what a Christian is but I don't see the sin in being in a same-sex relationship.

Same-sex relationships are normal, and extremely common human behaviours, and is not, by any means condemned by Christianity. Homosexuality however, which is mindful lust and sex with members of your same gender however, is considered a 'sexual immorality' and is condemned throughout the Bible. I sense the main reason why it is considered sinful by God is mostly because it destroys God's concept of "family", in which a man leaves his family to join with a woman to become one, and creates a family of thier own. Therefore there is the Father and the Mother and the children. This concept is repeatedly echoed throughout the scriptures (and everyday life if you're vigiliant) especially with the nothion of Christ and the father, and the Church as the mother and the Christians as the children, which comes about throguh Paul's parts of the New Testament.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Serapheart said:

You too are wrong, simply because you are just ignorant of who or what a Christian is, let alone a Conservative. Explaining why a Christian denounces sin is a long an tedious task, especially to those who don't care or don't want to listen, so I'm not even going to bother replying to you in full, unless of course you'd like me to.

This.

Hey guys

Might want to take the religious conversation to the off-topic forum. I understand its relation to this particular topic of conversation, but it's a particular can of worms which will obscure the matter of homosexuality in gaming.

(also the idea of original sin is dumb, and that's speaking from the perspective of someone who was raised as a Southern Baptist)

seece said:
Serapheart said:

Ha, this is gonna be fun...

What?

What I said was perfectly fine ... they don't care about people at all they're ignorant and just want to spread ignorance and hate.

and I don't really need to explain the comment about 2009 ....

See, now i'm sure you didn't learn much about how to debate an argument at all, or maybe you're just not being serious at all. But in order to validate what you believe is true, you need to provide some reasoning behind it. Really all you are doing here is slandering people and what they believe over what you believe for, evidently, no reason.

And besides, one could make the point that by 2009 men and women should have the sense enough to have romantic couples of the opposite sex. But that doesn' make much sense now does it? Not unless I can provide at least some reasoning behind what i'm saying. You didn't provide any reasoing, so why should anyone acknowledge what you have to say? Because you're human? Well that obviously isn't the case with our modern society, men (and women) must be able to prove what they believe.

They are very self-centered, the only reason they denounce it is because they feel uncomfortable with this option. They do it to make themselves feel better that they are preventing the world from being exposed to the horror of same-sex couples in a board game.

Well let me just say I don't give a fuck about your "debating" skills. If a person choose to hate gay people its for no good reason, try to tell yourself there is but there isn't.

Its nothing but ignorance and hate ... but please, reply with another 2 paragraphs of well worded shit but I'm not going to read.

Whether you think someone is right or wrong is irrelevant, there's no reason to act out like that against someone.  It is possible to be completely civil and argue with people.

While I don't necessarily agree with Serapheart at all, I'll respect his opinion.  If I even cared strongly enough I might even argue but there's no reason for the disrespect like that.

What is so amusing is that the church tries so hard to convince people it a "choice" and gay people should not sin. Right.. has the pope been to vegas? or watched "str8" ppl marry on television.. I mean women entering a contest on TV to marry a millionaire,but gay people marrying is sin?!.. you got to be kidding me? This world is full of hypocrites but I like being one in the sanity of my home, something the church is yet to learn to do.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

twesterm said:
seece said:
Serapheart said:

Ha, this is gonna be fun...

What?

What I said was perfectly fine ... they don't care about people at all they're ignorant and just want to spread ignorance and hate.

and I don't really need to explain the comment about 2009 ....

See, now i'm sure you didn't learn much about how to debate an argument at all, or maybe you're just not being serious at all. But in order to validate what you believe is true, you need to provide some reasoning behind it. Really all you are doing here is slandering people and what they believe over what you believe for, evidently, no reason.

And besides, one could make the point that by 2009 men and women should have the sense enough to have romantic couples of the opposite sex. But that doesn' make much sense now does it? Not unless I can provide at least some reasoning behind what i'm saying. You didn't provide any reasoing, so why should anyone acknowledge what you have to say? Because you're human? Well that obviously isn't the case with our modern society, men (and women) must be able to prove what they believe.

They are very self-centered, the only reason they denounce it is because they feel uncomfortable with this option. They do it to make themselves feel better that they are preventing the world from being exposed to the horror of same-sex couples in a board game.

Whether you think someone is right or wrong is irrelevant, there's no reason to act out like that against someone.  It is possible to be completely civil and argue with people.

While I don't necessarily agree with Serapheart at all, I'll respect his opinion.  If I even cared strongly enough I might even argue but there's no reason for the disrespect like that.

You're right I didn't conduct myself in the right manner. However there is no way you can be civil with these people ....