By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Conservative Christian Site Slams Same-Sex Couple Option in Game of Life

when i played the board game i would always be a lesbian

Around the Network

Might be time to start a Christian coalition for those Christians who find this type of yammering and whining absurd. However, maybe there IS a market for Hasbro to pander to the Conservative Christian set, and release a version that only has traditional marriage as an option.

Ok, I now have this weird Something Awful feeling over me. It is a call for photoshopping the Game of Life car to reflect the different marriage and family options. Like:
1. The Mormon polygamy car.
2. The Muslim Fundamentalist polygamy car, with the female pegs in burkas or veils.
3. The Modern American car, where the children peg are passed between two or more cars.
4. The Polyamorous car, that has 2 men and 3 women pegs in it.
5. The Jerry Springer car, which has a blue and a pink and several one representing goldfish and other animals.
6. The Serial Marriage car, that features one blue or pink peg, and then throughout the game the seat next to this peg will either have a peg of the other color. Game awards points for how many times you change pegs. Bringing back an old peg several times also scores.
7. The living together car. The peg of the other car is ON the car, but never put next to the blue or pink peg.
8. The friend with benefits car. The peg is next to the car, but not in the car.
9. The single parent car. One peg in front, no peg next to the peg in front, and multiple pegs in the read of the car.

People can come up with other ones.

I wonder how they feel towards polygamy.
Could you imagine someone married to both a man and a woman? Imagine being their kid and explaining to people at school... awsome!

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Ha, this is gonna be fun...

What?

What I said was perfectly fine ... they don't care about people at all they're ignorant and just want to spread ignorance and hate.

and I don't really need to explain the comment about 2009 ....

See, now i'm sure you didn't learn much about how to debate an argument at all, or maybe you're just not being serious at all. But in order to validate what you believe is true, you need to provide some reasoning behind it. Really all you are doing here is slandering people and what they believe over what you believe for, evidently, no reason.

And besides, one could make the point that by 2009 men and women should have the sense enough to have romantic couples of the opposite sex. But that doesn' make much sense now does it? Not unless I can provide at least some reasoning behind what i'm saying. You didn't provide any reasoing, so why should anyone acknowledge what you have to say? Because you're human? Well that obviously isn't the case with our modern society, men (and women) must be able to prove what they believe.

They are very self-centered, the only reason they denounce it is because they feel uncomfortable with this option. They do it to make themselves feel better that they are preventing the world from being exposed to the horror of same-sex couples in a board game.

You too are wrong, simply because you are just ignorant of who or what a Christian is, let alone a Conservative. Explaining why a Christian denounces sin is a long an tedious task, especially to those who don't care or don't want to listen, so I'm not even going to bother replying to you in full, unless of course you'd like me to.

Serapheart said:

Ha, this is gonna be fun...

What?

What I said was perfectly fine ... they don't care about people at all they're ignorant and just want to spread ignorance and hate.

and I don't really need to explain the comment about 2009 ....

See, now i'm sure you didn't learn much about how to debate an argument at all, or maybe you're just not being serious at all. But in order to validate what you believe is true, you need to provide some reasoning behind it. Really all you are doing here is slandering people and what they believe over what you believe for, evidently, no reason.

And besides, one could make the point that by 2009 men and women should have the sense enough to have romantic couples of the opposite sex. But that doesn' make much sense now does it? Not unless I can provide at least some reasoning behind what i'm saying. You didn't provide any reasoing, so why should anyone acknowledge what you have to say? Because you're human? Well that obviously isn't the case with our modern society, men (and women) must be able to prove what they believe.

They are very self-centered, the only reason they denounce it is because they feel uncomfortable with this option. They do it to make themselves feel better that they are preventing the world from being exposed to the horror of same-sex couples in a board game.

You too are wrong, simply because you are just ignorant of who or what a Christian is, let alone a Conservative. Explaining why a Christian denounces sin is a long an tedious task, especially to those who don't care or don't want to listen, so I'm not even going to bother replying to you in full, unless of course you'd like me to.

Well let me just say I don't give a fuck about your "debating" skills. If a person choose to hate gay people its for no good reason, try to tell yourself there is but there isn't.

Its nothing but ignorance and hate ... but please, reply with another 2 paragraphs of well worded shit but I'm not going to read.

Around the Network

When I was 10 or so, I used to put two males or two females in the car after marriage. In the actual board game. Just for fun and stuff.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Back in my day, when you played "Life" you couldn't marry the same sex or w/e.

You can't really justify anything just because they are conservative Christians. Or should we justify the Holocaust because it fit the idea of Nazis?

Besides, plenty of Christians are fairly accepting and maybe subscribe more to the love-thy-neighbour idea rather than raining fire and brimstone. And for the rest, they are just cherry picking the Bible on what to condemn, how about they concentrate on working on the seventh day, that one is even in the Commandments.

They must not game much, because they would have flipped over the "Mass Effect" love scenes and lesbi-action - though the alien is really asexual and the like.

Games have offered moral stances, be it right or wrong, in the end, it's a game. You can play games and never have to have same sex unions, or relationships at all.

Shoot, even though I would never choose the gay lifestyle, most games give gamers a choice. It's up to you to decide.

That's funny. I remember myself and my siblings would occaisionally do this when we played the board game years ago.

We were rebels, breaking all the rules.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.