By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Conservative Christian Site Slams Same-Sex Couple Option in Game of Life

Conservative Christian Site Slams Same-Sex Couple Option in Game of Life

March 13, 2009

The Christian conservative website WorldNetDaily has got its undies in a twist over an option that permits same-sex couples in Hasbro's The Game of Life.

The downloadable PC title is an update of the classic board game of the same name. WND writes:

The online version of a popular board game from many Americans' childhood includes an option for players to choose homosexual marriage and child-rearing as a way of life... even children can download and play a free trial version of The Game of Life, the first game ever created by Mr. Milton Bradley in 1860.

The player's first option in the online version is to choose a persona based on pictures that clearly depict men and women. Shortly thereafter, the game invites players to choose a spouse, regardless of the potential spouse's sex...

But, as WND notes, the modern version of the board game, created in 1960, allowed for gay unions as well:

The board game did not prevent players in any way from placing two pink or two blue pegs in the front seat [of the playing piece representing the family car], thus depicting a homosexual couple.

GP: Got this tip from none other than Jack Thompson during the course of seeking comment on last night's passage of the Utah video game bill.

Source: http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/03/13/conservative-christian-site-slams-same-sex-couple-option-game-life

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I slam the exclusion of the game of Life from XBLA's Hasbro Family Game Night!

Is that some how shocking ?

Do they have nothing better to do with their lives ... honestly its 2009 get over it.

pbroy said:

The downloadable PC title is an update of the classic board game of the same name. WND writes:

The online version of a popular board game from many Americans' childhood includes an option for players to choose homosexual marriage and child-rearing as a way of life... even children can download and play a free trial version of The Game of Life, the first game ever created by Mr. Milton Bradley in 1860.

The player's first option in the online version is to choose a persona based on pictures that clearly depict men and women. Shortly thereafter, the game invites players to choose a spouse, regardless of the potential spouse's sex...

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

It makes me want to play the game even more.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I could care less what they think it's 2009 you should be able to be with who ever you want.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

My Most Wanted Games: StarCraft II, Diablo III, Next console Zelda, and Final Fantasy VII remake.

seece said:
Do they have nothing better to do with their lives ... honestly its 2009 get over it.

You know, either what you just said made very little sense or it just has very weak logic about it. I suspect that they denounce 'Same-Sex Couple Option in Game of Life' because they care about people, thier lives and the world around them. They're not so self-centered as most humans are.

Serapheart said:
seece said:

You know, either what you just said made very little sense or it just has very weak logic about it. I suspect that they denounce 'Same-Sex Couple Option in Game of Life' because they care about people, thier lives and the world around them. They're not so self-centered as most humans are.

What?

What I said was perfectly fine ... they don't care about people at all they're ignorant and just want to spread ignorance and hate.

and I don't really need to explain the comment about 2009 ....

Serapheart said:
seece said:

I'm not sure if you're serious with that response but let me play along :

They are very self-centered, the only reason they denounce it is because they feel uncomfortable with this option. They do it to make themselves feel better that they are preventing the world from being exposed to the horror of same-sex couples in a board game.

Signature goes here!