By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First days sales in Japan (3/12)

darthdevidem01 said:
@xen

SONY will do it again in april

Heh, yes. No doubt.

Around the Network

Wow...PS3 high-selling string of games continues...

Only 10k for Picross? Hrmpf!

With the Yen so high, Sony should cut the PS3 price in Japan only. The current JP price of an 80gb works out to about $489cdn. For reference, in Canada it goes for $399cdn.

edit: Actually at current exchange rates, that equals $314US! I guess Canadians are getting quite a bargain... Were lucky consoles prices haven't risen!

Some games should see a nice push when GDC rolls around. ;)

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

Around the Network

"[NDS] Annie no Atelier: Sera Shima no Renkijutsushi (Gust) - 10k"

Though it seems to have done a little better than the previous episode on DS (Atelier Lise, less than 7.5k first day sales), that's not some particularly great sales. I guess I can give up all hope of a "western" release of this game. And I doubt the recently announced PS3 "Atelier" game (Atelier Rorona) will do any better... I really need to improve my Japanese...

outlawauron said:
Wow. That's pretty good for a port of the first two Orochi games that are already available on PS2 and PSP.

Don't forget X360 too.  KOEI sure knows how to milk their Dynasty Warrior fans.

Having said that, Orochi Z does offer the best value and quality.  It may end up sold more than 200K in Japan, not too bad for a port.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

I'm glad to see PS3 dominating the japanese charts !

End of '09 predictions :

Playstation 3 : 36M
Xbox 360 : 38M
Wii : 71M

wenlan said:
outlawauron said:
Wow. That's pretty good for a port of the first two Orochi games that are already available on PS2 and PSP.

Don't forget X360 too.  KOEI sure knows how to milk their Dynasty Warrior fans.

Having said that, Orochi Z does offer the best value and quality.  It may end up sold more than 200K in Japan, not too bad for a port.

It definitely is the best bang for your buck, especially if you have a PS3. I feel kind of ripped off since I had bought WO2 just before they announced WOZ. That's not to say that I won't be getting WOZ when it releases in the US, since I haven't really touch WO2 and probably won't now with the impending release of Z.

fabinou said:
Great Week for Nintendo. Go on Ninty, more Wii-make from NGC, they sold soooo well !

They do very well

New Play Control! Pikmin

New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis

Only this one did bad

New Play Control! Metroid Prime