By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could this be the BIG September Surprise?

I will bet money that IF online is ever announced for Brawl, it will be announced before the end of September.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Reading some posts in a series of forums around the net i found a really good piece of news which led me to believe i discover september's big surprise... In www.nintendo.co.jp the confirm that in japan during september "Sin and Punishment" would be released on the VC... According to a lot of rumors during the N64 days... this game was already localize in the US what did not hit retailers because conker bombed in the N64... I think that the september surprise would be the release of the first N64 VC japan only game in the US... ( we already know that there is a Nes japan only game already available to download )... I think that if it happen, it would be a great surprise because this game is considered to be one of the greatest onrail shooters...

Soriku said:
OMG! Reggie said surprise for WiiConnect24 users. Not just...a game announced.

Debunk'd.

That is true...

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

RolStoppable said:
DarkNight_DS said:
Sqrl said:
Honestly I haven't played RS1 yet, but thats mostly because it hasn't really gotten great reviews. I might be convinced to rent it if you guys think its worth it but I think I will hold out on buying a RS game until (if) RS2 gets good reviews.

DO NOT PLAY... it'll make you hate your Wii!

Exactly. The aiming is delayed which makes the game horrible to play, especially after playing RE4 or MP3 (not played the latter yet, but I just assume that it doesn't have delays).Framerate issues make it even worse.

I don't know why everyone hates on redsteel so much.  The control scheme is almost exactly the same on Redsteel as it is on MP3 except that it doesn't move as fast of course.  I believe that RS and MP3 both have the ideal first person shooter control scheme... analog to go left right forward backward and point to look/shoot.  Yeah RS was a little cheesy at times but I enjoyed the overall experience quite a bit and if this is, in fact, announcement of a Red Steel 2, I'll be placing a preorder.  Period.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

That could mean this game is announced, plus the fact that it has online play.

Not totally debunked.

But Nintendo does not own Red Steel, I doubt Reggie would make announcements about secrets for a third party game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Yeh, I am quite sure the "surprise" is first party related, whether it be a game announcement, or some sort of wii software

BenKenobi88 said:
That could mean this game is announced, plus the fact that it has online play.

Not totally debunked.

But Nintendo does not own Red Steel, I doubt Reggie would make announcements about secrets for a third party game.

One life sucking metroid escaped from the original to bring us online multiplayer using a patch available through Wiiconnect24. 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

This really does look like a Red Steel 2 to me. I mean, IGN and other gaming sites reported that Ubisoft set out ads for Red Steel 2 shortly after the first was done, and Ubisoft themselves even hinted; if not outright said they'd have a sequel.

However, I don't think this is the big surprise Reggie was talking about. I believe the big surprise will be from Nintendo themselves.

I'm betting on external HD support with Neo-Geo to the VC.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

lol,.... having online for MP3 is in my opinion a huge stretch...

but, its a neat idea to do it like this... see how many people would have bought the game if it had no online and then surprise everyone with "Hey... this game is online now and it freaking rocks" a few weeks later. See how the sales go and then base future resources on what seemed to make the most money.

Red Steel 2 Release Date: 15/11/07

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/15/red-steel-2-listing-probably-getting-us-excited-for-no-reason/

Red Steel 2 has appeared earlier this year on several UK sites with a non specific release date (sometime in 2007). They have disappeared but the above points to a sudden/surprise release of the game.

Red Steel was a very flawed game, even from the early footage of it I knew it wasn't going to be great as much as I wanted to love it I couldn't. I have rented the game and will do so again. It is better than I expected, (because of the controls it draws you in) but the controls are un-responsive and very clumsy at times with rubbish sword fights.

Wii remote/nunchuck is perfect set up for a game like this (FPS) as many Metroid 3 owners will unanimously agree.

So if this is Red Steel 2, which I'm sure it is, it could be a AAA title absolutely guaranteeing Nintendo's dominance this Christmas and probably next year as well.

All eyes on that issue .......