By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could this be the BIG September Surprise?

Wait... why is everyone asking for SSBB online? I'm pretty sure they already said there would be online for it.

I'm pretty positive, somewhere early when we first found out about it, that it was confirmed for online.

It seems like everyone just forgot... I'm gonna go look for proof right now and bring some back if I can find it. I'm pretty confident about this assertion.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Around the Network

i doubt red steel is the spetember surpise cause everyone already knows red steel 2 is in the making.

If this is the "big suprise" then damn those japanese really under estimate what big means.

That was an easy find.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html 

"Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode. "My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai."

I think I'll go post this on Digg. A surprising amount of people seem to have let this slip under the radar. Ridiculous even.

Don't worry, I won't be using this site as a mirror :p . I'm going to use IGN as a direct source.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

i havent read everyones comments, and i dunno if anyones asked but...

wouldnt it be reffereing to no more heroes, by grasshopper studios? since it says "grasshoppa"....

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

But it says 'Bloodier".. Red Steel was NEVER bloody!

I think Killer 7 sequel!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
Around the Network

It is Red Steel 2. Check this out : http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11012

Just came to mind; maybe it's just more info on No more Heroes? It's developer (or publisher-can't remember) is Grasshopper... Hmmmm... I'm definitely buying the next issue and I'll inform you ppl

ckmlb said:

Isn't it better to find out what the game actually i before getting excited?

Is there even a name of the developer or company behind it?

Also, if it's Red Steal 2 then it doesn't interest me at all.

Part of the fun is guessing what the cover of the magazine is. Then the conversation lead to Red Steel 2. I have high hopes for Red Steel 2. Ubisoft is one of my favorite companies and their team is really talented. I think good companies deserve second chances. I have a feeling Ubisoft are going to redeem themselves. From your post, you are saying that people should wait for more information before getting excited but you are making a judgement of Red Steel 2 before seeing the game. Hypocracy no?

Is Nintendo's Press confrence thing like Tommorrow or something, Dont you think Nintendo's Surprise will be announced there and maybe even released on Wii Connect the same day?

Any news yet guys?