By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 - I just do not get it

mrstickball said:
Attach rates my friend, attach rates. PS3 owners do not buy a lot of games, so every game suffers. Give it time, maybe it'll have good legs.

Actually I believe that PS3 owners dont buy a lot of retail games but do buy a lot of the PSN titles. I personally have about 60 PSN titles and 13 PS3 titles.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
mrstickball said:
Attach rates my friend, attach rates. PS3 owners do not buy a lot of games, so every game suffers. Give it time, maybe it'll have good legs.

Actually I believe that PS3 owners dont buy a lot of retail games but do buy a lot of the PSN titles. I personally have about 60 PSN titles and 13 PS3 titles.

I have about 15 PSN titles and 21 PS3 titles.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Wow, this thread managed to get all of the standard negative PS3 comments in the first 10 posts. 

• PS3 owners just don't buy software?  I am amazed that anyone would post this.  Look at multiplatform releases and compare attach rates for the PS3 and the 360 version.  You will see that they are even or that the PS3 version sells at a higher attach rate on most of them.  Take Two just announced that the PS3 version sold 50% of the units, even in the US. 
  • The PS3 has a lower attach rate?  It does, it also has been on the market a year less than the 360.  You typically see the attach rate arc early in a console's lifetime because the year 0 - 1.5 software library is pretty pathetic.  It's simple, the 360's library was better because of the head start.  Unless MS announces some games for 2009, you may see the 360's attach rate begin to drop.  (This would be bad).
  • 50% of the PS3's were bought as  Blu-ray players:  If this was true, than the 10 million or so hardcore PS3 gamers are buying a ton of software.  There is no evidence to prove or disprove this, but the software sales seems to indicate this is a far fetched statement.
  • Killzone 2 was over hyped?  The 92 meta-critic says otherwise. 

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

good post CGI.

saturated FPS market. Playstation also hasn't been synonymous with FPS games which might have hurt potential sales.

Around the Network

1 million sold in less than a full week. Do you actually think this is bad?

Meh, I think you get people like me that don't see it justifying my money, especially as I have some great FPS on my PS3 already. Perhaps it is because the FPS market has become saturated with the PS# with games such as Call of duty and Resistance, etc...

I would speculate that half of the 360 sales are from people wanting a heater.

See, I can make idiotic claims too. Richard, you are a terrible troll.

TacoBoy49 said:
Internet hype is usually just a very small group of very vocal minorities. Real hype is when regular people start talking about it. Games like Halo,mario, wii fit, and guitar hero have gotten mass market attention. Killzone's name alone will likely alienate the casuals.

This.

Especially the point about the title. I kind of think that name will scare away casuals too. 

I remember when I was 12 my mom wouldnt let me rent Killer Instinct, even though I'd already played more violent games... she was just going by the title.  I know that's only anecdotal evidence, but still.

Also, this is unrelated but can never be said enough: Rare, bring back KI. 

polezo said:
TacoBoy49 said:
Internet hype is usually just a very small group of very vocal minorities. Real hype is when regular people start talking about it. Games like Halo,mario, wii fit, and guitar hero have gotten mass market attention. Killzone's name alone will likely alienate the casuals.

This.

Especially the point about the title. I kind of think that name will scare away casuals too. 

I remember when I was 12 my mom wouldnt let me rent Killer Instinct, even though I'd already played more violent games... she was just going by the title.  I know that's only anecdotal evidence, but still.

Also, this is unrelated but can never be said enough: Rare, bring back KI. 

Yeah, I think Gears of War had the same issue.  Guerilla should have released it under another title.  How about something like "Sev and Rico's Friends Forever"?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.