By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 - I just do not get it

While its just killzone 2 now, the recession may have found its way to the game industry. It's going to be very interesting to see if this will be an industry wide trend on all platforms, ($60 is a lot of money)

The thing about this game is I know several PS3 owners that hadn't even heard of the game when i showed it to them, kind of shows how much this game was really marketed compared to others. Its a good game, it will have legs; but it's almost tragic a lot of people (outside the online video game news arena) don't even know much about this game.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ dhummel

That isn't the point, he made a ridiculous assumption that "most" shooter fans don't buy PS3s. And yet shooters STILL sell well on PS3, some even do 1mill in 12 days :)

Only 1 million.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

i wish someone would give me only 1 million dollars.

seriously one million is a large number no matter how you try to spin it quit trollin

1 million in 2 weeks is bad

PS3 is bought mainly as BR player

PS3 owners dont buy games

5% attach rate for Killzone 2 after two weeks is not bad IMO. Killzone 2 would be in the top 5 games on PS3 in regards to attach rates only MGS 4, COD: 4 & 5 games would have better attach rates in regards to copies sold per PS3 console.

X360s best attach rate game is by far and away Halo 3. Halo 3 - 18 months after launch hovers around 33% attach rate. X360 will cross 30 million around the same time Halo 3 hits 10 million mark. (Software sales are subject to higher error rates than hardware sales)

Around the Network

bundle during this holiday in NA, maybe EU, and you will see another 500k+ added. legs is what will carry it to 3+ million

ssj12 said:
mrstickball said:
Attach rates my friend, attach rates. PS3 owners do not buy a lot of games, so every game suffers. Give it time, maybe it'll have good legs.

Actually I believe that PS3 owners dont buy a lot of retail games but do buy a lot of the PSN titles. I personally have about 60 PSN titles and 13 PS3 titles.

On like every European forum you go you see people complain that they can't buy things from PSN because their are no PSN cards....   Only two of my PSN friends bought a PSN game....TWO...  If only sony wanted to make profit and released those damned PSN cards already.

numonex said:
5% attach rate for Killzone 2 after two weeks is not bad IMO. Killzone 2 would be in the top 5 games on PS3 in regards to attach rates only MGS 4, COD: 4 & 5 games would have better attach rates in regards to copies sold per PS3 console.

X360s best attach rate game is by far and away Halo 3. Halo 3 - 18 months after launch hovers around 33% attach rate. X360 will cross 30 million around the same time Halo 3 hits 10 million mark. (Software sales are subject to higher error rates than hardware sales)

Sales haven't been bad. It's just not a Halo/Gears/CoD killer.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Between 2.5 million to 3 million ltd sales for Killzone 2 is highly probable. 3 to 4 million is stretching it. 4 million copies or more copies of this game sold ltd is virtually impossible. MGS 4 and only COD games are capable of achieving those sort of numbers based on their huge popularity (fan bases) and well establish brand names.

numonex said:
Between 2.5 million to 3 million ltd sales for Killzone 2 is highly probable. 3 to 4 million is stretching it. 4 million copies or more copies of this game sold ltd is virtually impossible. MGS 4 and only COD games are capable of achieving those sort of numbers based on their huge popularity (fan bases) and well establish brand names.

what if we saw heavy bundling in the coming months, especially the big holiday, do you think 3-4 is still stretching and 4+ is virtually impossible?