By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 - I just do not get it

Its got great reviews

Its had the hype machine in overdrive for months

Its one of the best titles available exclusively for PS3

Yet

Two weeks after launch its only been bought by 1 in 20 PS3 owners.

WTF ?

Around the Network

Attach rates my friend, attach rates. PS3 owners do not buy a lot of games, so every game suffers. Give it time, maybe it'll have good legs.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Cypher1980 said:

Its got great reviews

Its had the hype machine in overdrive for months

Its one of the best titles available exclusively for PS3

Yet

Two weeks after launch its only been bought by 1 in 20 PS3 owners.

WTF ?

This is NOT game buying season.  That is during the holidays.  Also, what percentage of PS3 owners you think are into FPS?  I would speculate about half of the PS3 purchases had been made, because people wanted a Blu-Ray player.

Word of mouth may drive the game's sales higher. We'll see.

Internet hype is usually just a very small group of very vocal minorities. Real hype is when regular people start talking about it. Games like Halo,mario, wii fit, and guitar hero have gotten mass market attention. Killzone's name alone will likely alienate the casuals.

Around the Network

The tie ratio will tell everything.

Yeah. Half of the purchases are because it's a BR player. Especially the European ones (where the attach rate is higher than the 360's ).

the game is bundled in europe and its good give it time.
like LBP it iwll sell over 2 million easily and reach 3 million by the end of the year if possible.

The PS3 has, I believe, a less FPS centric ownership base globally, and while US is very FPS/action title centric the PS3 has the weakest presence there vs the 360.

Few titles get massive attach rates unless the install base is very small vs sales or the title is truly popular with an unualy high percentage of the ownership base (e.g. Halo 3 is a great example of this on 360).

As a result any FPS on PS3 is going to sell less than a comparable 360 FPS and is going to (probably) have a lower attach rate.

No mystery really.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

KZ2 sales figures r for one week only (less actually) and was the number one in world

so wait until a few month before diving into ur BS (jealous fanboy)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)