By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Killzone 2 - I just do not get it

Perhaps many were turned off by the controls of the demo. They may not realize that the "lag" some experienced has been fixed.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
mrstickball said:
Attach rates my friend, attach rates. PS3 owners do not buy a lot of games, so every game suffers. Give it time, maybe it'll have good legs.

Actually I believe that PS3 owners dont buy a lot of retail games but do buy a lot of the PSN titles. I personally have about 60 PSN titles and 13 PS3 titles.

anecdotes ftw ?

Jo21 said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Killzowned said:
I would speculate that half of the 360 sales are from people wanting a heater.

See, I can make idiotic claims too. Richard, you are a terrible troll.

Microsoft hasn't marketed the 360 as a heater - Sony however has marketed the ps3 as a blu-ray player.

Now, which % of sold ps3 are just used as BR players, heck if anyone in this board knows.

but they have marketered as a massager and media center if you know what i mean.

and also GTA4 sold the almost  same amount of the 360 version.

GTA4? what does it have to do with this.

If you are trying to start a multiplatform split discussion, it's not gonna end well for you dude.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

markers said:
numonex said:
Between 2.5 million to 3 million ltd sales for Killzone 2 is highly probable. 3 to 4 million is stretching it. 4 million copies or more copies of this game sold ltd is virtually impossible. MGS 4 and only COD games are capable of achieving those sort of numbers based on their huge popularity (fan bases) and well establish brand names.

what if we saw heavy bundling in the coming months, especially the big holiday, do you think 3-4 is still stretching and 4+ is virtually impossible?

I do not see KZ2 being a bundled game for extended periods of time. All these new PS3 games should be bundled with PS3 console one at a time for a limited time. Killzone 2 will have to sell at its full price for a year then it might get a price drop and end up as a classic PS3 title after 12 months from its release date.

2 or  3 average games bundled with consoles are very common. Added value in eyes of consumer.  2 or 3 games are better than one game, regardless of quality.

See i would have bought it along with a few other games but i dont have a job so i dont get money to spend all the time and get games.

Around the Network

Sales are incredible compared with Resistance 2. I honestly thought last year it would of been the other way around.