By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN GIVES LAIR A 4.9

Red Steel was never hyped to the level Lair was. Nor did it have anywhere near the budget.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Red Steel was never hyped to the level Lair was. Nor did it have anywhere near the budget.

I'm not so sure about that. Red Steel definitely had some serious hype behind it, albeit minus the budget. I've seen so many commercials for Red Steel, they even had a promotion where a weird sensei would call your friends to tell you about the game. Lair dropped off the map after E3.

I don't think Red Steel had that much hype. It was rather masked by the general hype for the Wii, since it was a launch title among a few other titles.

Lair was all by itself, earning a lot of hype by itself.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

twesterm said:
URNotE said:
twesterm said:
URNotE said:
kopboi said:
well this show dat the ps3 suck ass liar 4.9 and edge has given the 7 hours game heavenly sword a 6 are these suppose to be there killer app well dat just poor ps3 is goin dwn but mgs 4 will save it but Christmas matter n sony will not be challenging. halo 3 will shoot it out the sky n will not only finsh fight in the game but mayb the fight between sony n Microsoft u go master chief lol

ps3 supposedly sucks because of 1 game.. get a life clown..

Yeah, but last month the PS3 was supposed to rock because of one game...

Maybe one day we'll finally lose this one game to save it all mentality that people are so in love with.

soooo like i said the ps3 sucks because of one game... i guess you agree with this clown how typical..... take all the shots you want to fellas... each and every system has a bust.... blue dragon red steel etc etc..... but of course its the ps3 we're talking about here......lets bash it because thats what all the cool kids are doing these days........ Lair sucks so bad the ps3 sucks !!!!

Yes, I completely agree that one game isn't going to bust a system just like one game isn't going to save a system.

I entirely disagree. One game can save a system. Goldeneye SAVED the N64 in the US, hands down - Mario 64 sparked interest, but Goldenye pushed the system's mainstream appeal in the US more than anything other than the Nintendo brand name had to that point, and probably kept it going long enough for other great games later.   The system had been floundering for nearly a year before Goldeneye came out - and Final Fantasy VII was the same for PSX. Other games had to come out to keep them going, but both had individual games that served as turning points.

twesterm said:
URNotE said:
kopboi said:
well this show dat the ps3 suck ass liar 4.9 and edge has given the 7 hours game heavenly sword a 6 are these suppose to be there killer app well dat just poor ps3 is goin dwn but mgs 4 will save it but Christmas matter n sony will not be challenging. halo 3 will shoot it out the sky n will not only finsh fight in the game but mayb the fight between sony n Microsoft u go master chief lol

ps3 supposedly sucks because of 1 game.. get a life clown..

Yeah, but last month the PS3 was supposed to rock because of one game...

Maybe one day we'll finally lose this one game to save it all mentality that people are so in love with.

it worked for the hobbits ;) i don't agree with this mentality either, but ben has a point.

Around the Network
choirsoftheeye said:
twesterm said:
URNotE said:
twesterm said:
URNotE said:
kopboi said:

Yes, I completely agree that one game isn't going to bust a system just like one game isn't going to save a system.

I entirely disagree. One game can save a system. Goldeneye SAVED the N64 in the US, hands down - Mario 64 sparked interest, but Goldenye pushed the system's mainstream appeal in the US more than anything other than the Nintendo brand name had to that point, and probably kept it going long enough for other great games later. The system had been floundering for nearly a year before Goldeneye came out - and Final Fantasy VII was the same for PSX. Other games had to come out to keep them going, but both had individual games that served as turning points.

I have to disagree with you, and I think your post serves as a good example for why one game cannot save a system.

Goldeneye may have kept people interested in the N64 long enough for other games to come out, but what if these games never came.  I think that interst in the N64 would have died and it would have done even worse against the PSX; the N64 would not have been saved. 

I don't think that Goldeneye saved the N64 alone; it was a combination of Goldeneye and many other games that kept the N64 from being a complete failure.     

Ok the reviews are retarded.

The controls are really good, so i dont know where the hell the complaints about sixaxixs are comiong from. After 2 hours i can honestly say Lair motion controls are better then Warhawks hows that for a wtf moment.

Are peope such trash that they are giving it a low scores only because it has no option for analog ? it looks like they are, just sixaxis hate.

There are a few issues but surprisingly its not the motion controls so WTF.

You heard it from Hus first.

GameBrink, Gamespot, IGN, PSM Magazine and EGM are dead wrong.

I'm glad you're liking the game though Hus. But there are some people who say they really liked Red Steels controls. However those people are the minority.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
You heard it from Hus first.

GameBrink, Gamespot, IGN, PSM Magazine and EGM are dead wrong.

I'm glad you're liking the game though Hus. But there are some people who say they really liked Red Steels controls. However those people are the minority.

The cameras messed up, framerate issues are there and lock on that does not work just like they said.

But motion controls are really good, so they are right about alot but also dead fucking wrong on one thing.  Play ANY PS3 game using motion controls and Lair is by far the best one. 

Its not to far out there, you ever see then review motion controls and analog seperatly ? Did they do it for Warhawk hell no.

They said the controls were unresponsive and the game wasn't fun to play. Or maybe you have a Magic controller that is more accurate than the Wiimote. But why shoulde expect different from you Hus? You think every PS3 game is AAA.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you