By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN GIVES LAIR A 4.9

Sony should release the demo of Lair. Definitely it's the best thing they can do right now... Game is trampled everywhere... There is still a thin chance game can get some buyers on it's own...

Around the Network

there should have been a demo a long time ago

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

BenKenobi88 said:
I wasn't aware of Factor 5 ever being part of Nintendo. They definitely hit it big on the N64, but they weren't part of Nintendo. Rogue Squadron came out for PC at the same time as N64 if I remember correctly.
There was no formal agreement, at least publically, but they were a console exclusive 3rd party from 1998 to sometime last gen (I forget the year at the moment).   While they did port 2 N64 titles to the PC, they didn't take any of the GC titles over nor did they work on any other platforms at the time.  They also developed some of the N64 and GC's audio tools like Musyx, MORT and somethign else plus some Divx compression system.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

well this show dat the ps3 suck ass liar 4.9 and edge has given the 7 hours game heavenly sword a 6 are these suppose to be there killer app well dat just poor ps3 is goin dwn but mgs 4 will save it but Christmas matter n sony will not be challenging. halo 3 will shoot it out the sky n will not only finsh fight in the game but mayb the fight between sony n Microsoft u go master chief lol

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

kopboi said:
well this show dat the ps3 suck ass liar 4.9 and edge has given the 7 hours game heavenly sword a 6 are these suppose to be there killer app well dat just poor ps3 is goin dwn but mgs 4 will save it but Christmas matter n sony will not be challenging. halo 3 will shoot it out the sky n will not only finsh fight in the game but mayb the fight between sony n Microsoft u go master chief lol

ps3 supposedly sucks because of 1 game.. get a life clown..

PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network
URNotE said:
kopboi said:

Yeah, but last month the PS3 was supposed to rock because of one game...

Maybe one day we'll finally lose this one game to save it all mentality that people are so in love with.

twesterm said:
URNotE said:
kopboi said:

Maybe one day we'll finally lose this one game to save it all mentality that people are so in love with.

soooo like i said the ps3 sucks because of one game... i guess you agree with this clown how typical..... take all the shots you want to fellas... each and every system has a bust.... blue dragon red steel etc etc..... but of course its the ps3 we're talking about here......lets bash it because thats what all the cool kids are doing these days........ Lair sucks so bad the ps3 sucks !!!!

PSNTAG= Xander732

kopboi said:

That's a warning.  I would be careful if you've only got a few posts...if your first few posts are just trolling, I won't hesitate to hand out a ban.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

URNotE said:
twesterm said:
URNotE said:
kopboi said:

soooo like i said the ps3 sucks because of one game... i guess you agree with this clown how typical..... take all the shots you want to fellas... each and every system has a bust.... blue dragon red steel etc etc..... but of course its the ps3 we're talking about here......lets bash it because thats what all the cool kids are doing these days........ Lair sucks so bad the ps3 sucks !!!!

Yes, I completely agree that one game isn't going to bust a system just like one game isn't going to save a system.  

People are trusting user reviews for lair more than critic reviews? Seriously why?

A lot of ps3 owners bought their ps3 with Lair being one of the biggest reasons. Do you really think those people are going to say ''Yup you know what the game I bought a $600 system for is completly rubbish'' Of course they won't they will argue against it and try and justify the money they spent to themselves. People are very hesitant to admit that the $600 purchase they made just became much less meaningful to them.

It is similar to how when Red Steel was released many people would defend it and claim it was at least an 8. That was because people had bought their wii with the intent of getting red steel as maybe one of 3 games. To all of a sudden find out that a 3rd of the immediate reason you bought a system isn't really there is a pretty big thing.

Lair is currently at 60% (5% lower than red steel) and I wouldn't be surprised to see it drop down to 55%. As there are so few reviews so far that the Play review can pull it up quite a bit (btw play magazine has a +7.2% difference from the average for PS3 reviews, interestingly Play magazine also gave Red steel an incredibly high score)

Fans of a system are always going to want to defend an exclusive high profile game. Imagine if Gears of war had been bad and scored 60%. There would be a huge amount of people insisting it was an amazing experience and that the reviews were wrong. Because it was the game they bought a system for.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.