By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer Reviews Resident Evil 5 :7/10

Paperdiego said:
finally the truth comes out!
i hate the controls of resi games! especially in this day and age

capcom needs to get its head out of its A** and move away from its outdated tech.

they had a good set up with res 4 wii edition but they decided to turn back the clock and put the next game on systems that don't have workable controllers for the game..

stupid

*here is hoping 12th brings resi 4.5 for wii(or even 6)*

Now here's your problem friend. You are one of the people who disliked the demo, and instead of believing the many other great reviews for the game, you cherrypick the "good" one(which 7/10 is good for Eurogamer), and use it to justify your opinions, going as far as to say "finally the truth is out."

Now, I'm not flaming you, not yet, but you should be careful about cherrypicking shit to justify your own opinions, because more often than not, it only serves to invalidate you.

You won't be the only one, but you will be the only one that I give a pass too, but most of them will get lucky. I can't be everywhere at once, afterall.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
KylieDog said:
What an ass, he lists what makes survival horror survival horror, and then goes and makes these things out to be bad and say that you have always and still will bitch about it.

That is like complaining about having to shoot in a FPS, and saying peopel always complained about having to shoot in them. What a moron.

It is another review that highlights gameplay changes from old school RE games and brands them negative, but the same sites did not brand this negative when RE4 done it.

Example: Lack of puzzles, or very simplistic ones. He frowns on this in comparison to old games, he does the same for the linear paths. RE4 did these both and got high scores for it?

This is why reviews are bollocks, they are inconsistant crap.

The best quote, though it had good competition:

"a significant part of what made Resident Evil appealing has been removed, and what remains is the shooting portion. Pushed front and centre, it morphs what was a survival horror adventure into a survival horror shooter, and many will find Capcom's transparent desire to appeal to the action gaming audience a little troubling."

This is all crap RE4 should have got when it was released, but instead reviewers praised it, now they had a changed of heart and RE5 is frowned upon for not going back to the old ways which were cheered away on departure?

Inconsistant crap.

They've played and reviewed RE4. They want a different game now.

Ding ! Ding ! Ding !

We have a winner !

The truth is:

Resident Evil 5 is just RE4 on steroids. It brings nothing new to the table except for some uninspired coop and even less survival elements.

i hate people that are complaining about moving and shooting.

when i played the demo, it felt so... normal. it felt so usual. i didn't even think to myself "oh im actually stopping and shooting."

the only people who actually care are hardcore FPS fans. -_-

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Paperdiego said:

capcom needs to get its head out of its A** and move away from its outdated tech.

they had a good set up with res 4 wii edition but they decided to turn back the clock and put the next game on systems that don't have workable controllers for the game..

stupid

Now here's your problem friend. You are one of the people who disliked the demo, and instead of believing the many other great reviews for the game, you cherrypick the "good" one(which 7/10 is good for Eurogamer), and use it to justify your opinions, going as far as to say "finally the truth is out."

Now, I'm not flaming you, not yet, but you should be careful about cherrypicking shit to justify your own opinions, because more often than not, it only serves to invalidate you.

You won't be the only one, but you will be the only one that I give a pass too, but most of them will get lucky. I can't be everywhere at once, afterall.

yes i did play the demo. the controlls suck but that wasnt the only thing i used to validate my reasoning behind saying "the truth is out".

this game could get a 15 or a -30, it still wouldnt change the fact that the controls suck.

and i think its safe to say they do becasue ALL resi games have controlls that seem outdated.

by the way this is coming from some one who this resident evil 4 is one of the best games out there but i cant stand playing it any more.

sorry

hello how are you.

Paperdiego said:

stupid

You realise no one's complaing about the actual aiming, right? It's all about tank movement and not being able to strafe while shooting, which were both present in RE4 Wii.

What's also funny is, in their review of RE4 Wii edition, Eurogamer complained that the Wii controls made the game worse.

Around the Network

So they didn't like what basically merits a survival horror. Well can't please everyone I suppose.

Of course I don't need a stuck up reviewer to tell me I will love t his game. All I needed was my Leon avatar haha. But it would be nice, every now and then, for these mainstream reviewers to actually love the actual hardcore games more than they do the mainstream ones. Oh well I suppose.

Bet getting this game at midnight.

and you wonder why Europeans are the last ones to get games...

rogamersuperbeast1370 said:
and you wonder why Europeans are the last ones to get games...

Because Eurogamer gave RE5 7/10? That doesn't sound logical.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Paperdiego said:

stupid

In essence, what you are saying is that the standard gamepad sucks.

Sigh...

Come on Zen, how could you ignore that?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Im just surprised to see SF4 now MC rating higher than this, really surprised.

I agree controls are whack, they have always been, and Wii had dumb controls too but maybe after other TPS games have demonstrated the capacity on PS360, RE5 by comparrison is just not good enough.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.