By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer Reviews Resident Evil 5 :7/10

If you don't care about the removal of the horror elements and you liked RE4 get it. Simple as that. The game is not scary at all but it is REALLY intense.

Still deserves an 8-8.5/10 IMO.

Around the Network

Well IGN Gave it 9.0 but after reading the review it sounded like they wanted give it lower but did not, because RE is such a huge franchise. Eurogamer tends to be very harsh on many titles (and i did expect at least an 8 from them for RE).

But in the end review wont make this game bad or worse then it is, i havent played it yet but all RE games were good in the past and this will probalby be similar. People should really look at the reviews less and just go with their gut.

RE 4 deserved high score it was a new start for the franchise, RE5 did nothing new apart from moving it into action-shooting genre even more

will get this game but will probably agree with the review - for me all survival horrors these days are overlooking the puzzle element for the shooting parts.

I'm also currently playing Silent Hill 5 and there's just no puzzles in it whatsoever, i'm really going off the genre as it is just an atmospheric shooter these days and this is historically my favourite genre.

Such a shame

RE5 would be AAA if released in 2004.........