By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could It Be Sony Were Bang On With The 10 Year Plan?

Well... looking how Sony is performing as a company they will not even be around by then.. so no..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
reask said:

I think it is called future proofing or forward thinking, whichever takes your fancy.

I can point you at countless "future-proof" platforms which ended up being future-proof in the sense that they didn't have much of a future.

Difference with Sony is they have a track record which is pretty good.

reask said:
NJ5 said:
reask said:

I think it is called future proofing or forward thinking, whichever takes your fancy.

I can point you at countless "future-proof" platforms which ended up being future-proof in the sense that they didn't have much of a future.

What? The PS1 and PS2 weren't the most powerful of their generations, but they were the most future proof... so again what do KZ2/GOW3/tech factors have to do with the 10-year plan?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

also I don't get this

didn't the SNES or something last for 12 years

then how is the 10-year plan sucha big thing

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

reask said:

If so what will MS have in there stockpile to retalliate.

1. Gears of War 3

2. Mass Effect 2

3. Halo: The Beginning - Prequel to the much loved Halo series.

4. A whole shit-ton of multiplats.

5. Another price drop.

Around the Network

I beg to differ. I doubt that Sony will sell enough PS3s to keep them on the shelves past 2014.

Tease.

darthdevidem01 said:
also I don't get this

didn't the SNES or something last for 12 years

then how is the 10-year plan sucha big thing

Hint: the SNES was the winning console of its generation.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

darthdevidem01 said:
reask said:
darthdevidem01 said:
but isn't uncharted 2 using 100% of the PS3's power?

I dont recall reading that anywhere darth.

http://www.psu.com/Uncharted-2--Among-Thieves-to-use-100--of-PS3s-power--a0005698-p0.php

they say nealy 100%....but I was close

How can they really tell how much they are using? I called bs when they said UC 1 used 30% because really how do they know?

NJ5 said:
reask said:
NJ5 said:
reask said:

What? The PS1 and PS2 weren't the most powerful of their generations, but they were the most future proof... so again what do KZ2/GOW3/tech factors have to do with the 10-year plan?

NJ  PS2 has sold 140 mill to date so the brand name is there.

Xbox1 lasted 4 years and was dropped like a hot snot.

So when Sony say ten year plan you would tend to take them more seriously than MS.

NJ5 said:
reask said:
NJ5 said:
reask said:

Ps3 is somewhat future proof because Blu ray will be a mainstream media. A console that sells game downloads only can't sell because retailers would make no money from software. Retailers might not want to sell the console vs other consoles because they couldn't profit off it's software. not everyone has a good internet connection, a lot of kids have trouble getting their parents to use credit card. You would need a wireless conection which again not everyone has or close enough for a cable modem. Wii isn't future proof because lack of HD, 360 will become less viable once games need more disc space. Movie studios are really pushing blu ray and eventually it should pick up once economy does. my opinion at least.