By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could It Be Sony Were Bang On With The 10 Year Plan?

The only thing Sony got right with there ten year plan is that they don't have the funds to R&D a fourth Playstation in half the time.

What a piece of hardware is capable of in terms of power is not dictating this generation.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

@ darth
I missed that one.
So uncharted will be collosal lol.

you guys realise that the "using x% of the console's power" is only marketing speak right? There's no way of measuring that. People will always find new ways of optimising their code and pushing more polygons

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

What do KZ2 and GOW3 have to do with the 10-year hope plan?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

Well KZ2 has raised the bar by all accounts and from what I have read GOW3 is going to be special.

So armed with that info I come to the conclusion that 360 is now the PS2 of this gen.

Around the Network
reask said:
NJ5 said:

Well KZ2 has raised the bar by all accounts and from what I have read GOW3 is going to be special.

So armed with that info I come to the conclusion that 360 is now the PS2 of this gen.

But still what does that have to do with the 10-year plan? We're not supposed to believe that the lifetime of a console is determined by technical factors, right?

NJ5 said:
reask said:
NJ5 said:

But still what does that have to do with the 10-year plan? We're not supposed to believe that the lifetime of a console is determined by technical factors, right?

I think it is called future proofing or forward thinking, whichever takes your fancy.

reask said:

I think it is called future proofing or forward thinking, whichever takes your fancy.

I can point you at countless "future-proof" platforms which ended up being future-proof in the sense that they didn't have much of a future.

omgwtfbbq said:
you guys realise that the "using x% of the console's power" is only marketing speak right? There's no way of measuring that. People will always find new ways of optimising their code and pushing more polygons

This, there no such thing as a power cap the more experience you have the more you can harness the consoles abilities