By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could It Be Sony Were Bang On With The 10 Year Plan?

I mean with KZ2 raising the bar and GOW 3 coming up things are starting to look rosy for PS3.

On the other side Gears 2 used 90% of the 360 capabilities of 360 and comes nowhere near KZ2 graphically.

So are Sony going to start upping the anti more this year.

If so what will MS have in there stockpile to retalliate.

Only thing I can think of is a new console and I dont see MS willing to chance that.

Around the Network

Forgot, Heavy Rain, Infamous, Final fantasy 13 versus (I know it wont be 2009), MAG, etc etc, most of you already know the situation.

Smashed said:
Forgot, Heavy Rain, Infamous, Final fantasy 13 versus (I know it wont be 2009), MAG, etc etc, most of you already know the situation.

I hope FFVXIII is 2010, and not later. In any case, Sony obviously didnt plan on getting woooped the first 2 years....

I think they were right in being aware this gen would be longer then most and for the industry to be sustainable they couldn't afford to release ANOTHER console in the usual 5 year cycle.

But er, not for the reasons you said. The 360 can be pushed further, and it's about time people started using all this hardware to innovate in gameplay... instead of making... more shooters.

PS4 will be called "PS3 extreme" and PS3 will be forwards-compatible with it due to both consoles using Cell and Blu-ray. That's how it will last 10 years.

Believe it.

Around the Network
jammy2211 said:
I think they were right in being aware this gen would be longer then most and for the industry to be sustainable they couldn't afford to release ANOTHER console in the usual 5 year cycle.

But er, not for the reasons you said. The 360 can be pushed further, and it's about time people started using all this hardware to innovate in gameplay... instead of making... more shooters.

I know I read somewhere Gears 2 used 90% of 360 capabilites, sorry i have no link.

but isn't uncharted 2 using 100% of the PS3's power?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

reask said:
jammy2211 said:

I know I read somewhere Gears 2 used 90% of 360 capabilites, sorry i have no link.

Those figures mean nothing though, Gears could use 100% of the 360 capabilities but a game programmed more efficiently with better tech could look better using less resources.

I'd like to think we're beyond the point where having games look slightly better then games that look amazing as it is, is really that important.

darthdevidem01 said:

I dont recall reading that anywhere darth.

reask said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I dont recall reading that anywhere darth.

http://www.psu.com/Uncharted-2--Among-Thieves-to-use-100--of-PS3s-power--a0005698-p0.php

they say nealy 100%....but I was close

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey