By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was 1998 the best year of gaming the world has seen?

Yeah, I would say it probably is.

Also, POPULOUS THE BEGINNING!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Sharky54 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sharky54 said:

Final Fantasy Tactics and Starcraft came out in the same year. To me, this was the golden year of gaming. What was a golden year of gaming for you?

The golden age of gaming was SNES vs SEGA bar none.

You mean the genesis. Sega had a system before the genesis. Sega Master System FTW.

You know exactly what I mean.

pokemon red and blue. the genesis of my gaming fandom. probably wouldn't be a gamer without those games being released

mexitalrish said:
pokemon red and blue. the genesis of my gaming fandom. probably wouldn't be a gamer without those games being released

they really were amazing. I still remember being pissed at my brother for buying blue instead of red when I already had blue. Pokemon got my teenage football playing brother to sit at home huddled over a gameboy next to me rofl.

adjohnston10 said:
chrono cross was also released in '98

That's all you need to know to prove that 1998 was the worst year of gaming ever.

Around the Network

are u serious ghost. you are an idiot. chrono cross was one of the best games of all time hands down. noob..

1988 was better than 1998 for gaming. I have started a thread to prove this and discuss this.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=63141&page=1

Halo, Pikmin, Devil May Cry, Ico, SSX Tricky, Star Wars: Rouge Leader, Metal Gear Solid 2, Jak and Daxter, NBA Street, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, the Gamecube, and the Xbox.

the correct answer is 2001.

Golden Gaming year to me was....2007

Why? these Games...

Halo 3
COD 4
Half Life Package
Assasins Creed

some other games im sure it's too late my mind is not 100 percent

1998 was easily the best year for me aswell.

Starcraft alone wins it for me since I've played that game more then any other game.