By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was 1998 the best year of gaming the world has seen?

Elite1 said:
You could have at least made a list of good games that year. It is your thread after all.

I listed the two most important games of my life. Those two games alone more the merrit it to be the best year in gaming ever. Many of these other titles I didnt play till later/don't like.

Around the Network

Pokemon red/blue was released in America 1998 as well as RE2 for PS.

for me the best year is almost every one since 1994... the year i become a gamer... the year i get my first PC... a 486 at 33 Mhz with 4 mb of ram... amazing machine that was and cost to my parents 4 times more than i already spend in my ps3 and 9 games for it ...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Oddworld also came outXD

either 97 or 98, can't remember

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

They've all been amazing years, and that's why videogames themselves are so amazing. I would shed a tear if I thought back upon the great history of videogames and how they've brought joy to each and every one of our lives. 1998 was definitely the best, but they were all simply incredible.

Around the Network
Sharky54 said:
2009 is clearly the best year as far as FPS gaming goes. But 1998 was the golden year for everything gaming related.

No, 1997 was the year for the console FPS.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
Sharky54 said:
2009 is clearly the best year as far as FPS gaming goes. But 1998 was the golden year for everything gaming related.

No, 1997 was the year for the console FPS.

Goldeneye was first FPS for a console I got into. Only used to play PC fps before, I miss Doom and Duke Nukem.

age of empires too

Sharky54 said:

Final Fantasy Tactics and Starcraft came out in the same year. To me, this was the golden year of gaming. What was a golden year of gaming for you?

The golden age of gaming was SNES vs SEGA bar none.

Super Mario Galaxy

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089