By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was 1998 the best year of gaming the world has seen?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33294.html

GT's Top Ten years

Around the Network
Sharky54 said:
2009 is clearly the best year as far as FPS gaming goes. But 1998 was the golden year for everything gaming related.

Wot.......

Anyway, yeah I'd say 1998 was the best. Interesting that there was no main series FF that year.

Year 2000. Day Diablo 2 came out was best for me. Dark Cloud was first RPG I played which got me into the genre and Ps2 came out that year which was my most played console. I bought the system and didn't even have a game for it until I got midnight club. Before Ps2 I hated PS brand and only bought Nintendo consoles.

probably was, i was like 6 years old then but remember it like it was yesterday.

CAL4M1TY said:
Sharky54 said:
2009 is clearly the best year as far as FPS gaming goes. But 1998 was the golden year for everything gaming related.

Wot.......

Anyway, yeah I'd say 1998 was the best. Interesting that there was no main series FF that year.

Killzone 2 is my favorite FPS.

Around the Network

I think it was also the year when first GTA was released.

1998 was a great year but i think 2000 was just as good ps1 chrono cross ffix vagrant story front mission 3 n64 majora's mask dreamcast recv rayman the great escape skies of arcadia phantasy star online shenmue

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Ah, yes Starcraft, the greatest game of all time. Age of Empires and Red Alert were good too.

Best year ever? Hmm, hard to say, really. Way better than any year this gen? Hell yes.

You could have at least made a list of good games that year. It is your thread after all.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy